[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Issue: Graphics and Freezing
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Issue: Graphics and Freezing 

Post Issue: Graphics and Freezing
Hey there

Long time since I have posted but I have begun playing GA again ;-)

I am currently playing GA: Eternal Lovers but there are some problems

The first is a graphical issue:
I can't run the game's resolution higher than 800x600, I want to run the game at 1280x768.
Is it possible to get this fixed? :-)
I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

The second is the game freezing:
The game runs smooth until the first combat mission. I am playing Ranpha's route and the second one of my fighters attack the enemy the game freezes on me, it simply doesn't respond anymore. Can this also be fixed? :-)

Hope the game translation runs smooth and thanks for all your hard work

Kind regards
Spygat :)

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:35 am
Post Re: Issue: Graphics and Freezing
I'm having similar issues. First one is that all the text is messed up. The map, and other in-game options are few inches off from where they should be. Still playable but I can't see the options when I press the right click on some unit. Everything is fine if I don't apply the patch. Resolution changing and graphical tweaking works at my side.

Second problem is the same as the user above described. I wanted to start with Ranpha's route and it freezes as soon as one of my units attack.

Please, give us a hand.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:53 pm
Re freezing, as I said in another thread,
go to Control Panel->Language->Formats->Advanced
and change the decimal separator to a dot '.'.
Yay for quality coding.

For battles in higher resolutions you need to use the unpatched gadat020.

Re resolution try 1024x768

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:06 pm
For now, nothing can be done about the positioning of the sprites when the game does not run on 640x480 full screen. Either roll back to the original game files (GADAT20.pak and GADAT20.p00) and play with the untranslated image names (don't worry, conversations are still translated) or just suck it up and play in 640x480 full screen.

Aroduc stated that the problem most probably lies within the assembler/disassembler and that this problem is not terribly high on his priority list.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks guys :D

I can't believe that the freezing problem was fixed so easily ;)

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:04 am
Thanks a lot guys! It runs like a kitten now. XD

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 am
I tried to do what you said but it didn't work for me so I can't play at all. Do you have any idea of what might be the problem ?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]