View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Game not responding. 

Post Game not responding.
I'm having some problems with Moonlit Lovers. When I start the game it switches to fullscreen, then it just goes black and my cursor shows the loading cursor. It was working fine the day before, but today it's not working at all. I have set my computer's default non-unicode program language to Japanese. This happened with The first game too, but it went away after reinstalling. I've reinstalled Moonlit Lovers with various setting and I've had no luck except once with no voices installed. (I can't stand playing with no voice so I installed voices then the error occurred again. I tried it again with no voices, but It didn't work.) I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I have 4 Gigs of ram and my graphics card is Radeon HD 5770 if that matters. Can anyone please give me some suggestions?

Edit: There is no way for me to exit the game when this happens without hitting CTRL+ALT+Delete and using task manager. Task manager says that the game is not responding when I open it.

Edit2: I tried to use Xp mode to play it, but I can't set XP's default non unicode program language to Japanese without installing the Asian Font pack. You are supposed to have a file to install it with in XP already, but apparently Microsoft failed at that. It is also apparently illegal to download the file so I guess XP mode is no help.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:04 pm
Post Re: Game not responding.
All games work fine for me on 64bit Win7.
My wild guess is you have some silly codec pack like k-lite or whatever that is messing up the audio. Clean up your system and use cccp like a normal person. Or maybe update your audio drivers.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:38 am

I'm not having audio problems, I selected the install package for Moonlit Lovers without voices and by chance it worked. But I can't stand playing without voices for some reason.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:44 pm
If it crashes with voices that's an audio problem.
That said ML has its own vorbis DLL, which rules out codec issues.

Other longshots:
You installed the patch wrong.
You installed the wrong patch.
Your HD is dying. (really unlikely)

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Sorry, I need to clarify. The game worked once with voices on the first day I installed it. Also If I try a reinstall without voices, It doesn't work anymore.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:35 pm

I'm such an idiot. I was running outdated graphics drivers. That was what the problem was.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]