[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Galaxy Angel Main Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Galaxy Angel Main Thread 
Post Galaxy Angel Main Thread
ALL PREVIOUS INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT THE OLD FORUMS HERE.
http://bmw.seiha.org/viewforum.php?f=3

==================
THIS THREAD IS FOR REPORTING TYPOS, BAD WORDING, UNTRANSLATED THINGS (that should be translated), MISTAKES, AND SIMILAR ISSUES ONLY.

Please don't muck it up with random chatter.

==================

==================

Galaxy Angel Translation Patch v0.98

Remaining:
Typo/error fixes
16 bit texture images (not going to be done)
Image alignment issues

=============================

Installation:

Make sure the game is patched to version 1.10. (http://www.broccoli.co.jp/ga/game/ga/fa ... aup110.lzh)

Unzip into the GalaxyAngel directory, overwriting the appropriate files.

If you don't have the Consolas font installed, install it (included in the rar, or downloadble from http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/deta ... laylang=en)

Note that Consolas doesn't support Japanese text, so the untranslated VN portions will be parsed as gibberish for now.

If you want to play in windowed or an alternate resolution, run the included GA_Starter.exe hack instead of GA.exe.

Movie Subtitles:
(More permanent solution maybe found sometime who knows)
http://rapidshare.de/files/48870144/GA_Movies.rar.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y7Z8ZAL8
http://bmw.seiha.org/GA%20Movies.rar

====================

Known System Issues:

Text output pauses on lines beyond the original Japanese text limit. Simply click to make it complete the line or set Text Output to Fast.

Text output on in-battle Objective screen

====================

I'm not perfect, and only two pairs of eyes outside of my own actually look at most of the scripts before I toss them up, and neither have any clue about Japanese, so... *shrug*

I'll probably delete lots of posts through it occasionally just to keep things relatively clean.

==================

Progress

Script: 100%

Graphics:
See http://bmw.seiha.org/viewtopic.php?t=230 (2 mb of images inlined)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Post Re: GA 1 Patch and Issue Reporting Thread
umm...Aroduc, what's this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42676728@N ... otostream/

This thing appeared when I press Alt+Tab while playing this game....

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:42 am
Profile WWW
A DLL error.

Don't alt-tab. The game doesn't even natively support being windowed.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:15 am

Registry error? Could it be solved?

And...why I can press Alt+tab while on screen that prompts players to save their game?

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 am
Profile WWW

I suggest that you don't Alt+Tab... As Aroduc said, GA1 does not have a Windowed Mode...
I think there is a program that lets you run GA1 on windowed mode...

fun^10 x int^40 = Ir2, then: fun = log( Ir2 / int^40)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:59 am

tab lets you fast forward...not sure about alt though

edit: that was actually ctrl
so...in conclusion: it means the program didn't know what you were doing?....right?
TYPO FOUND:
near the very begining, right after talking to shiva, if you told him the truth, luft states: "i have always thought of shiva as an baby"
that should be a, not an

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

in chapter 8, in the whale room, after kuromie tells us how the space whale did some obi-wan kenobi thing with the death on the planet, vanilla says when twice in a row
also, during the only fight with eonia, when camus is weakened he says "damage as increased" im pretty sure that should say HAS

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:41 pm
Whenever a character says "percent" (not sure what it looks like in the game files) there's some crazy glitchtext after the point in the sentence which they say it. Not sure if it's Japanese text left in, the game not reading the % sign correctly, or something else. It's...weird.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 am

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 am

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:41 am

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 pm
Man, I don't even have GA1 installed anymore.

And compared to ML or EL, there are NUMEROUS consistency issues I could/should fix from stylistic or just general "hurr durr" flash of light moments that came later.

Not to mention just general growth and comfort in writing/translating between GA1 and the behemoth known as BBA.

Ewwwww early work.

ANYWAY, the point is that you're welcome to report whatever you want, but eh. Don't bust your chops over it.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:27 am
Well, I did say I was bored.

But if the patch isn't going to get updated (eventually) I would just be wasting my time. Is that what you're saying?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:46 pm
Did those 3 lines of text during the bad ending ever updated?

It's not that problematic... unless someone is OCD.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Guys since I'm going to translate GA in Italian and I'll open up Aroduc's patch anyway, I'll fix some of the "problems" you pointed out.

P.s. I'm working on another project other than GA, so if someone could send me a PM with a list of the things to fix, my work here will end sooner.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:56 am

Happens every time I start a game.

Can I haz help..?

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:29 pm
You probably have XP and do not have Japanese language supported on your PC yet. I'm out of practice with XP so it's up to you to solve that.

Likewise you failed step 2 of my FAQ listed on pretty much the last page of the GA section of the forum (this one). If you see gibberish when installing, you already messed up.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:17 am
Got Vista.

So, tried searching around the internet, but I can't figure out how to add japanese...

Is there a way for me to do that?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:12 pm
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Ah yes, I believe I read your instructions when I first started GA as well Mesarthim.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:10 pm

I remember leafing through them, and thinking "Geez, what sort of idiot would need these?"
Seems your instructions WERE useful after all.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Every time i try to run GA with the Starter for windowed mode i get this error, followed by a generic Windows error about encountering a problem while accessing GA_config.ini

Any ideas or help?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:42 am

I certainly hope that this thread is too dead for anyone to not notuce this post :/

With the patch, this happened. When I first installed the patch, a long time ago, there wasn't
any problem. However, a few months ago, (yes, I'm very late with posting) I re-installed the patch (I don't really know why :P).
Then this happened. It's not a huge problem but it's kind of annoying, so anyone knows whats the problem?

The places it gets weird in is the save/load menu, and in the talking parts.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next