[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - So is BunnyBlack 3 TL dropped?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 So is BunnyBlack 3 TL dropped? 
Post So is BunnyBlack 3 TL dropped?
I noticed this is under completed projects now. Does that mean BB3 will not receive a TL from Seiha Translations?

If it is dropped can you provide some tools and methods you used to TL 1 and 2?

Sat May 21, 2016 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: So is BunnyBlack 3 TL dropped?
Is there some way to encourage you to pick up the bb3 translation?
I'd like to donate for it, because i dont see any other way to be able to play it... i sure as hell cant spent years to learn japanese just for this game :shock:
I would like to support you in any possible way too, by helping out with redrawing and spell checking and so on..

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:11 pm
Post The problem/
The Bunny Black series is double spaced for text sooo, enjoy the rage at trying. I've personally done a bit and quit just cause of the double spacing.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:20 pm
Still no official word from Aroduc?

Double spaced text is a bitch.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
What's exactly this double spaced problem and what can be done to be fixed?

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:11 pm
That's too bad it's such a pain.... I loved both BB 1 and 2 and really appreciate the translations. Oh well, here's to hoping some day someone is willing to suffer through translating 3.

Though I'm curious as the previous poster was, why is double spaced text such a nightmare?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:05 pm
I'm not entirely sure, but i think double spaced text is just what is sounds like. I saw an example post here somewhere.
It means the entire text l o o k s l i k e t h i s. A n d i t s o b v i o u s l y a p a i n t o b o t h t r a n s l a t e a n d p r o o f r e a d.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:55 am
I've been doing some PS Vita game TL work and a majority of them are double spaced like that it's annoying as hell haha.

Would nice to see some BB1/2 tools released publicly if Aroduc isn't planning on doing BB3 though.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Back to the main question "Is it Dead?"

Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:54 am
It's dead.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:07 pm
Profile WWW

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 am
To be honest: i have no idea. I'm just parroting something i read somewhere on here.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:36 pm
From my experience you can enter text into games "Like this so you'd think it would appear fine." but ends up appearing "L i k e t h i s s o y o u ' d t h i n k i t w o u l d a p p e a r f i n e ." The reason behind this is the different widths in japanese and english characters so you have to implement a variable width font. At least that's been my experiences with console and handheld game hacking. I've never poked around with PC game hacking so I can't say for certain.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:56 am
The script tool is located here
https://tlwiki.org/?title=Tools#Softhou ... Climber.29

You're welcome to look at it and see how both it doesn't work and the text doesn't display in a readable fashion yourselves.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:40 am

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:27 pm
Sent a PM to Aroduc with the fix for the width and I hope it's the fix he needs lol.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:45 pm
Keep us updated rivo. <3

Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Time to help hunt for a fix. I want that game to actually have a translation chance. If you fixed this rivo, I'll cry tears of joy. Otherwise, for now I'll be looking around.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:26 pm
Still hoping \o/

Thu May 04, 2017 2:39 am
First time poster, long time lurker here...

Any update on the fix? I'm more than happy to donate some dev time during the summer to help re-awaken the project

Wed May 10, 2017 2:13 am
https://twitter.com/upcastdrake/status/ ... 2756707328
The text looks pretty readable to me. Played around with the .dlls a little.

Although there's still the issue with modifying the .agf files. I looked into the source for the extractor tool and tried playing around with it, but it seems like the structure of some of BB3's .agf files are quite different to the old ones. Different magic numbers, and then even if I hardcoded the magic number check it would error trying to process them. The actual tool that does the processing is written in assembly too and has little/no documentation. On top of .agf being a very obscure filetype that I'm led to believe is in-house so there is no documentation, it doesn't look too promising.

Sat May 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 am

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:20 am
I'm not working on this since reverse-engineering the .agf files and making a new extractor tool sounds like a very large undertaking. The partial config menu translation and spacing fix for the dialogue text can be found here if anyone wants to take a crack at it: https://github.com/upcastdrake/BB3TL

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next