[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - First Run Advice?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 First Run Advice? 
Post First Run Advice?
Alright, it's time to get down to business (again), but I'm finding myself a bit lost this time around (not that I wasn't in BB1) I'm looking for any advice people think might be useful for someone who is starting their first run on Bunny Black 2, I did play through BB1, but got frustrated by how my party kept consistently getting wiped, and it felt like I had hit a brick wall. I ended up cheating :(, BUT, I really don't want to have to cheat for this game v.v.

So, what are all your tips, my fellow game experts?

Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:19 am
Post Re: First Run Advice?
not really a tip, but grinding is really usefull in this game. I got wiped in the beginning too, but then i spent some time on some levels, doing lots of side quests, and leveled up, focused on damage and defense, and got so strong i defeated most bosses easily.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:50 pm
Yeah, I mostly focused on defense too, and that was all well and good, until I got creamed when I went to the castle basement and started climbing up, the sheer number of enemies in one encounter was too much to handle in most cases.

Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:41 pm
1) The best defence is a good offence:
1a) Multitarget attacks are a must.
1b) It may be worth your skill points to boost SP to fuel your multitarget attacks.
1c) In later dungeons, make sure you have attacks that target the whole field. You'll be fighting enemies that come in waves of 20 or more.

2) Attack type matters:
2a) Have a variety of attack types on hand so that you can suppress the enemies in any situation. See (1).
2b) Ranged attacks seem to be a bit cheaper in terms of SP than slashing for corresponding skills, as well as having access to field AoE attacks (e.g. arrow storm). You might want to get them on a few characters.
2c) Don't spread your attack type evenly, because you can only wear five pieces of equipment at a time. For example, on my second run through my main attacks are slashing and ranged, so I'm not using any staff.

3) General ideas:
3a) Evasion is unreliable, given the commonness of bullies.
3b) Have a dedicated healer around for after-battle healing and after-trap remedies.
3c) I hear Lilims are good units for the first run. They unlock early, have access to top-tier ranged skills, and only cost 5 command points. I personally went with mostly named characters on my first run (bad idea, because their levels don't carry over in NG+) and I'm now leveling G. Maids on my second.
3d) Always leave enough command points for the Emergency Retreat service. Always save enough SP to unload the most powerful skills you have in case you run into something nasty.
3e) Use collectable items for gathering quests instead of selling them directly.

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:02 am

I thought it's the opposite: staves boost all elements, so you can more reliably hit weak spots with magic than with physical attacks, while spending as much inventory space.
Although magic doesn't benefit from ATK stat, so it evens out, I guess?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:29 am
Around what level should I start investing in multi-tiled skills? Right now I'm only level 8 and I pretty much get wiped by anything with more than 3 enemies (sometimes even a party of 3 gets the job done.)

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:18 am

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]