[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Bunny Black 2 Old Dev Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Bunny Black 2 Old Dev Thread 
Post Bunny Black 2 Old Dev Thread
DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD WITH CHEERLEADING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT

I have already deleted a number of those off-topic posts and will continue to do so.

Work to be done (at some indeterminate point in the future)

================
BB3
Everything*

*I am not even going to touch this at any point until the (that BB1 and 2 shared) are taken care of.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:55 am
Post Re: Bunny Black 2+ TL Status
If someone wants to do the images (or at least clean and template them into psds), or index the exe, that'd be great. There's nothing I can't do myself, but the less time I have to spend on that stuff, the more I can spend on other things.

That said, I'm working on something else at the moment and won't be touching BB2 seriously until I'm done with that, which is about 25,000 lines away, so a few months minimum.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Mon May 11, 2015 1:27 am
Am, curious, did you have to change the font somewhere for Bunny Black 1? Have noticed while playing around doing a slight bit of script editing for fun, that the English ends up massively spread out.

When you get into doing some translating, I'd be glad to help with some script-editing / proof-reading-for-bugs/text-wrapping.

---

I pm'd ya some links to the prep work i did on the script incase you hadn't started on it yet. Might save a little time, I know it was VERY tedious work with my screen filled with file tabs, and i still had to do it in 3+ groups of files, LoL.

I think it IS using "BunnyA00.dat" if you put it into the \Bunny2.sav\ folder which isn't made yet at install time. If you dont get it to work, you might have to clear the files in that saved folder or atleast files "Bunny2.opt" and "Bunny2.red". Somehow I still only get 2 characters (Miki, Cat) to show up along with my own character.

Tue May 12, 2015 3:57 pm
Someone asked about graphics translation, so I figured I'd mentoin that the map buttons seem to have atleast some of the same filenames, i just used the ones from BB1 for the time being, though it would be nice to get the BB2 graphics so they match stuff better. Anyways here's a small number of them:

Enough stuff is different on the shop and room screens that I can't be for sure on translations elsewhere, when it comes to text on still images. Thankfully some of the button text could be done up into psd's or such with test-text to be saved back and translated text put in later.

Wed May 13, 2015 2:59 pm
By the way, just noticed this... not sure what tool your using for .vfs packages, but it seems that the tool by starik222 will fail to unpackthe .box packages inside of box.vfs that in bb1 and bb2 get made into folders with extracted files inside placed in them. This of course is likely due to BB3 using Aoi5.dll instead of the former Aoi4.dll used in BB1 and BB2. It'll extract the .box 's as .box files though.

Thu May 14, 2015 5:50 pm
Hey there! I speak some Japanese, and I've been translating some of the game just as I played along. So far, I have about fifty pages of translated text on a Google Docs.

It's pretty tedious to try to play while translating, so I wanted to do some translations over the course of the week and play the game on the weekend.

How would I go about extracting the script from the game?

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:44 pm
Hello Aroduc,

I love what you did for Bunny Black 1. I want to help you in what way I can for Bunny Black 2, so I cleaned 150 "chip" images found here in pngs and psds:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7gcLx ... jFNajByOXc

The "chip" images that I didn't clean either require more time to clean or take negligible amount of time to clean. Let me know what you think, if you want me to do the rest, or if you have translations for me to edit in.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:38 am

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 am

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 am

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:30 am

Uh, looks like I overestimated it.
Here are the images I had in mind, but I forgot they had kanji over them. And there is no wind. Still, maybe you can find some use for them, particularly the small icons below.
I also checked, Kamidori has similar images, but they have kanji too.

Here are the status effect icons from Memoria (bottom part). I hope it helps.
BTW, to be honest, I thought the effect icons in BB1 were pretty ugly, except for withering.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:13 pm
Then this is your chance to do something better.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:32 pm
Hey Aroduc, here's my shitty attempt to help you, hope you like it:

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 pm
I'd suggest more of an impact effect (or hammer) for bludgeoning, a bow for ranged, and the traditional lightning bolt for lightning. I think I'd also prefer something more neutral for none/mana, but I should really inspect if character types and skill types do share the same icon. If not, then it's best to simply erase it from characters so they're just not marked as belonging to any type instead of belonging to "type: none."

The rest look good. Thanks.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:21 am

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:58 pm
As I mentioned above, the 'bludgeoning' class of skills encompasses things like unarmed, hammers, clubs, spears, staffs, polearms, axes, etc. There are more bludgeoning types than axes or spears, so I'd prefer to err on the side of it being a classification for impact-type weapons.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:12 pm
Hm... Well, here are some modifications then, since Piercing only encompasses Ranged Weapons, I used a Cross-hair for it. On the Blunt side of things, that's suppose to be a fist exploding, but hard to see on a 15x15:

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:38 pm
Bugs

Hire screen (among others)
Monster names are resized to fit the box. However, the calculation is being done as if the characters are double width, so they're
A.) Being resized too soon
B.) Being resized too much
C.) Being resized badly

Despite this, I'm going to soft enforce the same string limit (more or less) as BB1, which I believe was 9 chars (technically 10, but one reserved space for numbering when hiring multiple at once).

Note that the unit encyclopedia resizes correctly to the box (although still not well). Not sure what the deal is. Same goes with in-battle skill names, although that looks ass-ugly in the original untouched files as well.

-------
EDIT:
RENAMING IS NOW FIXED AND NO LONGER AN ISSUE.

Also, renaming units is currently semi-broken and only allows double width characters. BB1 had this issue too, required some minor hex editing, but I know not myself which hexes to edit, so...

Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:43 am

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:53 am
Sigh.

Looks like some of the the battle interface handles text in another (different) way and automatically truncates at 15 chars (which is expected and fine), but the actual display looks like boiled ass all around.

So add an overhaul of the battle font(s) system to the list of things really needing to be done.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:27 pm
As much for my edification as to just note it, innate skills work differently from BB1. They're no longer stored in the save file. However, there is still a connection between innate skill name/string and function through the exe, so certain skills need to be changed in both places to continue functioning.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:40 pm
Changing/Translating unit.obj breaks system save data as far as inheriting data for NG+ goes.

Meaning you CANNOT use a Japanese full save data with a translated unit.obj. Choosing to inherit that data will crash the game.

I assume it's probably fine if the system save data is created using a translated unit.obj/characters created from a translated unit.obj, but I don't know and it's not something that's easy to test.

I'm also not sure what the mechanism is that it uses to detect BB1 install data for the bonus characters, but it correctly added them for me with a translated unit.obj, so all seems fine there. I would assume that it's checking the registry though, so if you didn't actually INSTALL BB1 and just copied game files as I know some halfwits on the internet like to do, I wouldn't be surprised if that check fails.

The final bonus character is unlocked by the quiz, which itself isn't unlocked unless you have clear save data. Using Japanese save data does unlock her (it?), but that's another thing that'll need to be tested later. Unlike the other two, this one is special(ish), and instead of the generic type's weakness to fire has a strength against fire. The other two are free, pre-named generics who are marginally better (5 HP, 1 stat point in every stat) than the normal version of their generic.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:15 am
DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD WITH CHEERLEADING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT

I have already deleted a number of those off-topic posts and will continue to do so.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next