[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Bunny Black 1 Patch and Issue Report Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bunny Black 1 Patch and Issue Report Thread 
Post Bunny Black 1 Patch and Issue Report Thread
BB1

Update fixes to come if necessary.

Fixes a couple untranslated tooltips and the in-battle item menu.
Fixes a bunch of supplemental skills/spells that had targeting data corrupted.
Fixes the weapon/armor improvement equip skills.
Some typo/script fixes and clarifications.
Cave key wasn't functional.
MAJOR FIX: Attacks that were supposed to be usable from the front row only (Darx, NPC, and enemy) were not having that limitation set correctly and were usable from any row.

COMMON INSTALL ISSUES

Patch deletes the game exe
The patch isn't deleting the exe, your virus checker is flagging it as a virus and then removing it. Create an exception or use a less twitchy virus checker.

Game won't run (error messages in Japanese about creating saves)
The default install location is Program Files/bunny which depending on your OS, may or may not have administration issues. Run as admin or move the game folder to some other directory.

================

REPORT ISSUES AND ERRORS IN THIS THREAD

Random chatter in this thread WILL be deleted.

Last edited by Aroduc on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:42 pm
Post Re: Remaining Work
If someone wants to do the images for me, great. PSDs are included in the BB1 todo pack.

If not, then it waits until I feel like doing them, which will probably be whenever I get around to BB2's translation/interface since it'd be nice to release the two relatively proximally since 1 is meh. The less time I have to spend photoshopping a billion buttons, the more time I can spend on translating and breaking the engine.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 pm
Post Re: Remaining Work/Report Thread
Here you go. All BB1 buttons are cleared out of text.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Post Re: Bunny Black 1 Issue Report Thread
Which game version do I need? I have basic and 1.11.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:29 am

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 am

Two tooltips are not translated - one for "read text" mark (the sideways diamond) and one for "hide window" button near it.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:22 pm
I've installed the game, but for some reason the patch keeps giving me a "Software not found" message and I have put the patch in the same folder as the game's program is and run it as an administrator.

Edit: I also tried putting it in the Install folder, same result :(

Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:28 pm
@bookworm, poor you! try to re-install the game & choose other installfolder than the standart c:programfiles, should work. i´ve already unzipped my pants & enjoy showing the bunnies my wiener harharhar.
thx aroduc & team for saving my 8h train ride

Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Thanks that worked :mrgreen:

Now to celebrate Easter a little early and very differently :twisted:

Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:04 pm
Technically, you can just copy the translated files and extra dlls into a vanilla install, but you also need to delete/rename the obj.vfs file.

But
A.) That'd make the patch about 6 times larger
B.) I don't trust people to follow instructions about needing to delete/rename obj.

It also should be able to handle untranslated game save data, but certain things (mainly unit info) is saved in the save file itself and short of someone creating a save editor, there's no way to correct those untranslated strings.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Didn't even know this translation was in progress till I saw the vndb update, I never thought I'd get to play this game in english. After this and Kamidori, you're my fave.

I had some trouble with the download speed and timing out, here's a mirror on mega

MD5:
11FA924E79CE18E9E379805E3CEA8243 BunnyBlack_eng_1.00.rar

Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:09 pm
For some reason during the patching process it completely nukes the exe out of existence even though the other files patch fine.

Tried installing to a different directory and running as Admin to no avail.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:24 am

Meryl "By the way, I believe Rakia told you before, the people referred to are Overeers are the ones ranked higher than Floor Bosses." - Probably should be "referred to as Overseers".

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:47 am

Equip/Remove/Use/Return options in Items menu in combat are untranslated.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:34 am
i have some problems when i did install the patch it removed the icon to play bunny black
Any ideas

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:32 am

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:49 am

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:18 am
Common issues I'm seeing so far (also added to OP)

Patch deletes the game exe
The patch isn't deleting the exe, your virus checker is flagging it as a virus and then removing it. Create an exception or use a less twitchy virus checker.

Game won't run (error messages in Japanese about creating saves)
The default install location is Program Files/bunny which depending on your OS, may or may not have administration issues. Run as admin or move the game folder to some other directory.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:39 pm
It looks like if you have FXAA on in your display drivers, the text will be extremely blurry and your game will flicker like crazy (to the point of being unplayable). I doubt that's due to your patch though, probably just an issue with the game engine.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:56 pm
I like to play VN's etc... on my windows tablet, and this is the 1st game that is just straight up not working at all for me. I installed the game on my desktop computer with the same version of windows (8.1) and verified that it worked on there. Transferred it to my tablet, and the game starts up fine. But for some reason the game will not register any clicks made, I can hover over options and see the descriptions for them, and in the main menu hovering over options will put that red bar through them. But not matter how many times I click left or right, with touch controls or emulated mouse/keyboard it refuses to recognize those clicks. So I am stuck at the beginning unable to progress.

Probably a stretch if anyone here would know what is causing it, but this is probably the only place to ask. Sorry if it is a bit out there.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:12 pm
patches/BB_Quickfix1_01.rar

Replacement exe fixing the untranslated strings mentioned above. I have no idea why the in-battles item menu is in the exe, but at least it's in the same place as the tool tips.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:22 pm
Formatting error to be fixed later.

--------

Also, I broke the Appraisal skill apparently. It's handled differently from all the others and is defined weirdly. Basically, if a string has multiple pointers, it needs to be handled specially. That was one of them. No other skills are.

But serendipity, because that fix is also in the exe. I just updated the quickfix to include that as well.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Minor typo.

"It must be hard for her, our here trying to encourage adventurers."
Should be "out here".

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:35 pm

In Meryl's first H-scene:
"Her voice is nothing but pain without even a trace of please" - pleasure.

Several lines later:
I quickly try to smooth things over." - a stray quote.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 pm
Is it safe to apply your updates as you release them or do we have to start a new game each time?

Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next