[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Quest 125 Jewel Collection
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Quest 125 Jewel Collection 
Post Quest 125 Jewel Collection
I feel like a big dumb ass for selling all my treasures/jewels, if I knew it was such a HARD thing to get topaz, emerald and sapphires I would have kept it all the way.

This is my 2nd game play, im doing Emelita's route and came across this quest from Hannah, I would like to complete it but I am either dumb, unlucky or something else.

According to the Materials list, Infected Undine is suposed to drop one of the 3, guess sapphire, I've check most of the maps before entering it but none of it list Topaz so I decided to enter a map and try out, I've picked up the map with the minimum day which was 2 at Spiritual Woods, but after killing the undines several times with ful's mill/no drop load again I've never got a single one.

Could some one advise me on best spots or ways to obtain these 3 jewels all I have is ful's mill x3 but can only use 1 at a time ?

Thank you.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Post Re: Quest 125 Jewel Collection
Topaz: Megaro, Megaworm, Worm, Razorwing
Saphire: Infected Undine, Frozen Kankuri, Devilfish, Thunder Wyrm
Emerald: Static Kankuri, Freki

The Gems are a low drop rate so you just have to kill a lot of monsters.
The Ful's Mil helps (+1 drop), there's also a Ful's Tears (+2 drop) but that's in a level 70 dungeon in the Yuidora Mine (Untouchable Cage) which you may not be able to get into yet.
You can equip both items at once to get +3 drop, just not 2 of the same item.

I think the Topaz were the hardest to get, I have the least number of them anyway. (T=10, S=122, E=45)
I used the Chaotic Wargrounds (Chapter 6 map) which has a lot of regenerating Kankuri and a few Megaworms.
The Kankuri only appear there so that's your only choice for Emeralds.
(Razorwing, Thunder Wyrm & Freki are the Level 90 Append 2.0 maps and if this is only your second play you don't want to go near them for a while)

On the plus side, Quest 125 doesn't fail until Chapter 8.
You will come across some other NG+ quests that are worse because of time limits.
You need to gather the items for those beforehand because you don't have the time otherwise.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:26 pm
Am I doing it right ?

I picked up the Chaotic place because I can get the 3 items from there, I have it saved when a frozen kukuri spwned.

Now I have to kill him, check drop, reload if no jewel is that correct ?

Not happy to say im at chapter 7 so I either do it or fail ;(

On another save I am currently doing the pre-map before the cage thing to see how many days I will lose to get the tears item, if not many I will follow up from there.

I think I never got a single Emerald drop so far as I looked on my inventory and there wasnt a single item called emerald with a 0 count.

In regards other quests, I've seen some already like the bar guy that asks for 50 drinks, spear/shield quest, so far the only quest I failed was the bar guy asking for the drinks.

Nevertheless thanks a lot.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah, you are doing it right, it's just the item's have a low drop rate.
I know it sucks a bit but you just have to keep killing them.
It's a lot easier if you have both Ful's item's because then you get 4 drops.
I just tried and after 4 kills I got 1 Emerald, that's 1 out of 16 items.

These gems come under the Other tab in the inventory.
First you get any clothing bonus gems, then there's Topaz, Ruby, Sapphire, Alexandrite, Emerald.

When you do Untouchable Cage, don't activate the second base straight away.
Search around for the hidden area's first to find the Ful's Tears.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:23 am
Emerald was by far the hardest for me to get. I must have killed more than 200 Static Kankuri to get those 5 Emeralds the first time...

In the Chaotic Wargrounds map, if you number the spawn points in the Kankuri room 1-4, from NW to SE, Frozen Kankuri can spawn from #2 every 3 turns, and Static Kankuri can spawn from #4 every 4 turns (most of the time you get a regular one of course), so you can close the other two, pass the time and pray/save scum for the right ones to spawn. Remember to turn off combat and dungeon animations, since these are huge time wasters.

If save scumming works (I thought it didn't, but I haven't actually tried), then at least you stand a chance of making it in time. Otherwise, I'd roll back to a save before taking the quest and farm what you need before hand. That's what I always do, when I get a timed quest.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:33 am

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:40 am

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:35 am
OH that makes sense, thanks a lot I will try that.

======
UPDATE
======

The scum save / load prior to monster spawns seems to work like a charm, 3 shappires so far ;) by that it also means the amount of sapphires you can get from the spawn is random and not limited as well.

I might be able to actually do the quest in the end ;)

========
UPDATE 2
========

Awesome, using save/load prior the spawn was fairly easy to get the 5 emerald/sapphire but the main problem now is the topaz, can't find a good place that have a spawn of any of the mobs that drop the topaz.

Some things I have notice while doing the above is that the spawn have a fixed order (so you know when the mob you need will spawn), the drop of a monster is defined once it spawns from his drop list at random order.

========
UPDATE 3
========

Places I used to complete the quest:

Kania Wastelands (Blockaded Area) - TOPAZ
- Lots of worms, Magaro, Megaworms from both spawns

Chaotic Warground (Serpent Road) - EMERALD / SAPPHIRE
- From the left waypoint the bottom spawn will give you static kankuri and from the right waypoint the bottom spawn will spawn the frozen kankuri, you can get the 5x each within 1 run

------------

Thank you very much Ross and Franka, would never done this without both of your help ;)

Hope the information will help others to complete it.

Took me 3 days to complete the the 3 maps to get the Ful's tear (1 day per map on yudora mine)
Took me 1 run to each of the maps to get the 5 x items needed (where on chaotic you can get both items together total os 10 days per map entrance

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Sun May 19, 2013 6:25 am
Thanks a bunch for this topic hurray for the search button, and thanks for the detailed locations.
I had a hard time collecting the sapphire that i went towards the forest of souls instead and visited the polluted upstream. It only takes you 2 days to go there and there's 3 starting undines

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:24 pm
There is a furniture that you can get in NG+ that gives you Emeralds every so often. I read on the wikia that it is every 16 days. I believe it comes from the last quest out of three where you invest money so Tian can make you it.

Funnily enough, it is quest 124, right before 125.

“Music is a mysterious thing... Sometimes, it makes people remember things that they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember them or not...” -Citan

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]