[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap) 

Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.

Sun May 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Sun May 06, 2012 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Indeed, I want this translation too. I dont understand the menus of this thing, or the errors, or anything that is in the game. Such as:

(Exept for the fact that I saw it says something about "Please inset Disk 1", but other than that, I dont understand any of it. :P

Fri May 11, 2012 6:40 pm

It says "Disc tray is open. Please insert GAII MKnK disc 1". Did you mount the disc 2 image before this screen appears?

-----
Pepper.

Sat May 12, 2012 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Yeah, it's the screen I get when I put in disk 2.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:23 pm

There's the problem. Swapping between 2 discs in one gameplay doesn't seem possible in PCSX2. If you still want to see what's in the disc, I recommend you to play it on a real PS2.

-----
Pepper.

Sat May 12, 2012 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

Sun May 13, 2012 8:58 am

I don't see that it will make any differences. Also I went to the PCSX2 forums to confirm, and found that the disc swap support for the emulator hasn't been completed yet.

-----
Pepper.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:58 am
Profile WWW

Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 pm
Oh well. I guess I can wait. Hope I can find a Japanese PS2 while I'm in China this summer tho. :P

Sat May 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Sun May 20, 2012 8:31 am

Sun May 20, 2012 6:35 pm

No, PS2 also has region lock, especially Japanese-only games. To avoid compatibility problems, some console vendors pre-modded their PS2 systems with some sort of modchips to bypass the lock before selling them. And since we're talking about China, there shouldn't be much of a problem to find those since the modchips are also used for piracy purposes.

-----
Pepper.

Mon May 21, 2012 2:21 am
Profile WWW

Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 am

Posting to release the dead silence and relieve others, upon visiting Daily stars(formerly known as project dawn), I continuously confirm that they are active on their current project "My noble masters", what does that have to do with this? They're main guy pyrexmaster said that he'd do GAII after he finishes his current project............though due to the amount of time since he said that, I am not 100% sure if he'll remember/keep his word. I'll come with more news if I have any...

Still it's a relieve that the team isn't dead, because Lester may still be going through tough stuff, And Rico's still in the middle of learning I think.....

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:53 am

It's also a bit of relief actually, seeing that someone actually bothered to ask one of their members.

If anyone is still consistent to place any hope to the group, let me stress it again, this is same group that tried to make GA fangame but disappeared soon after a short demo is released, and it is also the group who 'attempted' to translate Shuffle! Essence but disappeared again after none of their members have actually shown that there are any progress made. Also, .

In layman's terms; they are trolls, people. They like to get your hopes up with fake projects and promises then vanish every single of their traces after a 'project' is near to a completion. Now let's focus on the more realistic side and figure out how to hack ps2 cd files.

-----
Pepper.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:32 am
Profile WWW

I've tried to figure that out but to no avail yet(even with hex editor on the files while doing some searching on lines from the game...). Then again, I probably don't know that much about computer data base distribution or stuff like that, or not nearly as much as Aroduc the mighty translator anyway(But he refuses doing "Full translation", which is why my only hope regarding him is to ask him to do "Text translation")

Regarding the files, which file do you think is most likely the one containing the text?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:38 am

-----
Pepper.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 am
Profile WWW

Basic now Hmhmhmhm, yes, this guy is just trolling and attention whoring

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:18 pm

I have some good news, though not exactly the type of good news you'd expect. From the Pm exchange I had with the guy I mentioned(CirqueForge was his name I think, and unlike project dawn. His team has already released early patch(es) ). I asked him if finding out how to translate a game can help translate other games from the same series and/or made by the same company. He answered positively that it'd help especially if they are the same structure(And also that all Amagami games(he's translating one of them) have the same structure for example.)

Upon closer inspection of the GAII Iso's (all 5 of them), they have the same general structure(same file names, and close sizes) and having played the 3 games(only partially, I stopped to avoid visual spoilers), the text gameplay(if not the fighting gameplay) is basically the same. There is less diffrence in the text mechanics(as far as gameplay goes) between the three GAII games than there is between the three GAI games.

Do you know what that means? if we find out how to translate and/or patch one of the games, then we'll have found out how to do them all. It's 3 in 1 package.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:26 pm

hmm no one has relplied in a long time...
I'll still reply anyway, it rose my curiosity.
I'm not exactly sure how this translation is going as GA series are not popular as it should, and that no team would actually be willing to do this game, though patching might be possible.
As I looked at the later posts, an english-emulator version of the game might be a good idea.
There's also another idea of converting PS2 files into PC files, how you ask?
I'm not completely sure on this but, since games are made/programmed on PCs, the developers must then convert it into the console's format afterword. (Not sure how, but I heard there's a specific machine used, but I've been seeing emulators everywhere so I'm not sure)
If we can get the files converted into PC version, I'm sure patching would be much easier.

I honestly don't know if this is actually right though, but from what my dad said, who's a computer expert and can program games for Apple apps, this seems most logical to me.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 pm

-----
Pepper.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:52 am
Profile WWW

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I too thought about the possibility of making pc version of it, but as you said, there'd be much more legal complications with it.

Since the GAI games were sold on pc and aroduc's patches were on pc(but didn't include the whole), aroduc's patches for the first trilogy actually encouraged non-japanese fans to buy the pc version and download the translation patch from here. Thus aroduc's patches here actually help the sales of the Galaxy Angel I triology.

As for the Galaxy Angel II triology, Making a pc version of it from scratch and/or turning it into a pc version and then distributing it here would not make anyone require to buy any copies of the Galaxy Angel II triology, thus not helping the sales of the Galaxy Angel II games. And thus we might get legal problems.

A ps2 patch(as difficult as it may seem) would still help sales for obvious reasons, and not only that. The games an even closer file system than the GAI games had. So I am sure if we are able to find out how to patch one game, that'll be equivilantly finding out how to patch all three games(and their additional cds too).

On top of that, if finding out how to patch them proves to be too hard, we can always write a translation in , and read the translation as we play the unedited ps2 versions. That would also help sales of the second trilogy.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next