[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Battle Moon Wars Main Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Battle Moon Wars Main Thread 
Post Battle Moon Wars Main Thread

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:35 pm
Post Re: Battle Moon Wars English Patch Issues and Reporting

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 am
Not sure if this is a bug, but I thought I might as well post. Magical Amber's BGM for her Lovely Sunflower Satellite animation, when in a battle, seems to be the wrong one. Instead of playing the Magical Amber theme(#61 in sound dictionary), it seems to be playing Let Life Loose(#28 in sound dictionary). The right(?) BGM is playing in the character dictionary, though.

Minor, yes, I know. But it has been bothering me, so I just wanted to attempt to receive an answer as to where the problem lies; whether it was with me, the patch, or Werk. I completely understand if nothing is done as a result of this post, just putting it out there in case others have experienced the same bug(?).

Thanks a lot for the patch all the same.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 pm
Really couldn't tell you since I don't have it installed anymore, but all the definitions are in a completely different file than the scripts and I only messed with that one to tweak stats into godmod for quick testing. I didn't touch music definitions or the like at all.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:47 pm
I just want to ask that after I patched the game, it worked just fine. However at the beginning, when I hover the mouse to the skills (from sp/special skills...) and items I can see the English descriptions. After a while, it just disappeared. Is it a bug?

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:36 am

I hope I'm posting this in the appropriate section.
Hello. I purchased the game yesterday through (because for a few reasons I don't like not legit copies). It appears to be Battle Moon Wars The Best and according to , it is apparently a slightly different version than the 4th game.
I applied the two patches you offered (thanks a lot for this great work by the way!) and it installed successfully but I wonder if there's not a compatible issue with my version. I'm just at the beginning and it seems most of the dialogs are translated but other things are not. I'll post a few examples there:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:04 am
Profile WWW
There 'should' be some things untranslated because they're strings inside the exe and I lack the expertise to alter them on my own and couldn't find anybody will to put the time/effort in to doing it. Most of that, however, appears to be graphical files, meaning that the media files (data2/4/6/8/10/12) weren't updated. The way the patch works is by version checking against the existing media files and then updating them. If they don't match, then it won't update. What I suspect happened is that the later Best package release changed the media files in some way (likely removing data that was not used in the final release), so the media files were all altered. All previous official patches to media files were done by just adding a data10_2 file for example and changing the path targets in the much smaller/easier to manage textual files. IE the media files were always completely static after release across all three or four years of its development. I have only the serial releases (and they're backed up/not on this system), not the final package release though, so I'm just speculating.

And no, I am not going to just make a massive pack of them because that is literally all that the game is. I can't really do much to help you myself.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:04 pm

That's what I feared. Thanks for this explanation. Most of the storyline is translated thanks to your patch anyway so since I'm a huge TYPE-MOON fan having the names untranslated is not a problem at all for me. As for some of the commands or icons I'll just figure out their meaning as I progress through the game.
Thanks for the reply, and more than anything, thanks again for this English patch!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Hello

There is a problem with the game, at stage 27. After defeating Archer, when he's supposed to use Unlimited Blade Works, the game crashes. I have no idea why this happens, do you think you can help?

PD: Excuse me, I reinstalled and it run smoothly. Present problem is that when the game crashed later, when Arcueid goes mad, I thought about reinstalling following all the steps, but when I try to patch using the Act4 application it tells me I lack the early English patch, which I cant find anywhere. If you can be so kind to help me, I would be most grateful. (For more information, the game outright crashes as soon as Ciel is going to use Trump Card.]

Tue May 08, 2012 4:41 am
hi, i would like to confirm something:

Things that can't be fixed without hacking the exe (which I cannot do):
Status effect descriptions
Fight/Evade/Defend/Do Nothing messages on attack selection
System messages
Popups when hovering on title screen and over turn indicator on SLG
Save info

do you mean that these arent really translated? the title of the stages in the saves in the first pic and the name of the skills on the second pic..

thanks for your reply!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 am
There's some kind of memory leak issue in my copy of BMW. If I try to play it for extended periods of time (or just quickload a lot) my computer slows down tremendously (to the point where it's hard to even close the game via task manager).

I'm not quite sure what version I'm actually using. I think it's Battle Moon Wars: The Best?

I used both of the patches found in the OP in the order listed.

Mon May 13, 2013 7:10 pm
Post Re: Battle Moon Wars Main Thread
major bug (maybe only for me ? still trying to see what cause it).

Useful items are never dropped again since Act IV (using patch 4V_95). Actually, the only thing i got so far are the beans.

also going to try with patch perfect 0V97

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]