[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Small tech support with GA1
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Small tech support with GA1 
Post Small tech support with GA1
Rather post this here than in the GA1 section due to all the massive amounts of jabbering.

Got a new computer a few weeks ago and have been testing compatibility with older games, GA being one of them. The only real troublesome one seems to be the original, and only when windowed. It seems it doesn't like screen transitions when windowed (and only if it's the active window). I noticed it plays just fine if it's the inactive window (by simply clicking on the desktop, etc). While I "could" simply play it fullscreen, it looks fugly on a 1920x1080 resolution monitor. Any thoughts? My old crappy vista PC didn't have this issue. Went from Vista to 7.

In a nutshell:

Transitions (including start menu after broccoli logo) do not load and stay frozen until it becomes the inactive window while playing in windowed mode. Game plays fine so as long as no transitions need to occur.

Only GA1 seems to exhibit this behavior.
Actually, GAML shows this too but it's at least playable as the active window. Slows down to like 70-80% of normal speed however if active.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:27 am
Post Re: Small tech support with GA1
Did you download the latest direct x? Also, are all your drivers up to date? Also note that this game is pretty old. It may not have been intended to run in windows mode or at the very least run nicely.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 am
...I'm well aware the game is old. Direct X is version 11 and driver's are up to date as of a couple weeks ago.

I have a very strong computer now and I'm not new to how they function. My main question is whether or not anyone thinks they have an idea that I have yet to try.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:11 am

There was a topic about this on the old BMW Seiha forum. Try looking at that.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 pm
Indeed there was one, did what I could with the information provided.

It actually becomes playable while windowed but still somewhat slow in 2D elements, 3D seems fine. Well, I'll consider this somewhat resolved for now but not fully.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Hmmmm, Considering this.....I noticed my PC ran the 2d slowly as well......Perhaps it relates to actual power, since the amount of resources and information transfer rates go up and down as you switch between 2d and 3d change, so maybe the computers only registering the 3d?
Or maybe I'm confused again.......
I'll check my GA, and get back to you.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:24 am

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:26 am
It ran perfectly on my Vista 64 bit computer. But not so much on my new 7 64 bit.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:32 am
I downloaded the English patch for GA1 and the story is translated but the menus are still in Japanese. Is there something else i have to do or download.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:08 pm
i used the update110, movie pak, and the GAPatchv98. menus still in jap.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]