[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - GA 1 - Cutscenes not playing
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GA 1 - Cutscenes not playing 
Post GA 1 - Cutscenes not playing
I don't know for certain if this is because of the english patch or if I might have done something wrong in installation, but the animated cutscenes won't play. I didn't even know they existed until after my first playthrough (I am new the GA series) and looked in the album to see entries labeled movies. I click on them and nothing happens. So the game sees them, but for some reason can't play them. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Sun May 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Post Re: GA 1 - Cutscenes not playing
Track down the mistakes you've made in installation first.

Then come back again if you don't find anything wrong.

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Mon May 09, 2011 2:18 am
Profile WWW
I had this problem too the very first time I installed the game.

The key is you have to switch your computer's non-Unicode language to Japanese first before you install anything.

So uninstall your game, switch your computer's non-Unicode language to Japanese (this will cause the computer to reboot, which I know is annoying but Galaxy Angel is worth it), then install the whole thing again, and the movies should play.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:18 am
That's just it, I reinstalled the game twice and they still don't play. My non-unicode is already set to Japanese and I followed the installation guide on both reinstalls. Does my operating system being Windows 7 have anything to do with it?

Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and it works fine for me, so your OS is probably fine. Did you install the official patch (1.10 I think) before installing the translation patch?

Mon May 09, 2011 2:51 pm
Aye. I tested the cutscenes before doing the update or applying the English patch as well, and they still don't play even then.

Mon May 09, 2011 3:48 pm
Try changing your computer's Regional setting to Japan, then, and see if that works.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:22 pm
Been doing that from the very beginning. Regional, display/format/non-unicode, unicode... Name it, it's in Japanese.

Mon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm
Arrrrgh, this is so frustrating! I just don't understand what the problem is. Should I just re-download the disk data and try again from there? Maybe something happened to the videos in the process?

Thu May 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Thu May 12, 2011 3:16 pm
I'd buy the CD's if that were an option, but unfortunately I could not acquire the game through any other means at this time. :/

Thu May 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Thu May 12, 2011 8:05 pm
And actually, while we're on that topic, could one of you point me in the right direction on where I can find it for purchase? Because if my copy being cracked is the reason the cut-scenes aren't playing, I will jettison it from my PC in a heartbeat. I want me those cut-scenes.

Thu May 12, 2011 10:05 pm
Unfortunately it's pretty tough to find it legitimately these days. I bought the last new (uninflatedly) priced DVD versions from amazon.co.jp, and they don't ship internationally so I had to use another service to do it for me ($$$).

Thu May 12, 2011 11:07 pm
Going there, I can see several potential copies, but that whole 'not shipping internationally' part pretty much kills any chance of me getting it. At least for the time being. I don't have the money for that right now. =_= Any other potential avenues?

Thu May 12, 2011 11:24 pm
Not particularly. Amazon.co.jp is where I go first for Japanese game shopping unless somewhere else has the same thing for cheaper. In Galaxy Angel's case, I found it there period.

You'll have to search on your own or cough up an arm and a leg like I did.

Fri May 13, 2011 12:10 am
Well, I've bookmarked the copies I found on there, but it's probably gonna be a while before I can actually get them. Thanks for the help though. Gonna put further GA playing on hold until then. It just doesn't feel right without the cut-scenes and they don't feel quite the same out of context like watching them on youtube.

Fri May 13, 2011 12:34 am
That way if you do get a legit copy and it still doesn't work, narrows down to it being a problem on your end not related to the game.

Fri May 13, 2011 3:27 am

Fri May 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Sat May 14, 2011 6:40 am
Profile WWW

Sat May 14, 2011 2:57 pm
That's what confuses me, though. The in-game strategy portions don't have any problems at all and play perfectly fine. It is purely the cut-scenes that give me difficulty. But I'll try again one last time if only for thoroughness.

Sun May 15, 2011 1:06 am

Sun May 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Do you have any codec pack installed?

Sun May 15, 2011 3:02 pm
Did the download and installation again, and without doing the update or English patch yet, the cut-scenes still won't play.

No, I do not have any codecs to my knowledge. Do you think that would help?

Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next