[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - interesting theory ive found
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 interesting theory ive found 

Post interesting theory ive found
it makes sense, really...wierd
note: it contains spoilers, so don't read if you haven't finished the first game

Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Post Re: interesting theory ive found
The logics all there, I can find very few discrepancies. so that theory, is near flawless, with very little to discredit it.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:57 am

Tue May 03, 2011 6:31 pm
I hope you're not talking about the "Eonia is not a villain" theory.

I myself spent several posts arguing that Eonia, while will-intentioned, is in fact a villain on the previous forum. I'd rather not have to re-hash myself.

Wed May 04, 2011 5:44 am

I'd say the villain is the lost technology inventors.

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 am
Profile WWW

Last edited by The odd man on Thu May 05, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 04, 2011 6:06 pm
I read that one a while ago...

Its very good, and well-thought out.

Wed May 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 am
Profile WWW
His "good cause" involved "making the Empire bigger"...at the cost of trillions of innocent blood shed and lives lost.

The ends weren't that great either, even if you think the ends justified the means. "Greater prosperity for the people" was pretty much Eonia's goal, but he never really made it clear what that MEANT. The vagueness of such a goal has been the vague justification of every tin-pot dictator in history, and every single time in history, that always turns out to mean greater prosperity for the guy saying it and murder and bloodshed for the people.

I recommend you brush up on the history of dictatorships and revolutions gone bad. That will disabuse you of the notion that it is ever acceptable to commit genocide against innocent people to get what you want, even if you're deluding yourself into thinking that what you want is "noble."

The Golden Rule: Never do to anyone else what you would not want done to you under similar circumstances.

Do you want to die, because somebody in space randomly decided that your death was necessary for the greater good? Do you want your fate to be determined by somebody else's hands?

If you don't, then don't argue that other people should die for the greater good either.

"Well thought out" my butt. America already justifies torture-by-waterboarding for information, bullying in schools to toughen kids up, crappy retirement homes for the elderly because the elderly are no longer productive, bombing civilians with predator drones in a manhunt for basically one guy in a turban, the destruction of mental health care centers and the subsequent rise of homeless crazy people in the name of "liberty," etc.

I implore you all not to add to, or allow your minds to be influenced by, America's recent tradition of making rationalizations for evil in the name of good.

Thu May 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm
I apologize for bringing politics into the discussion, and for my heated tone. I won't do so again.

I do not apologize for my opinion about Eonia, which is that he's a murderer, but I apologize for expressing it badly in a way that caused you discomfort.

Is that acceptable?

Thu May 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Thu May 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Fri May 06, 2011 4:29 pm

okay it got deleted so here:
[[WMG:Eonia Transbaal is not the villain they want us to believe.]]
The three main "powers" in the Transbaal Empire are the White Moon, the Emperor himself and the Military. The first of them is managed by the Moon Goddess Shatoyarn who has been doing her job for several hundred years (by means, according to the manga, of a cloning process).

Now, it is clear that Shatoyarn has no family and she is confined to the White Moon. As much as she may hold the title of "Goddess", she is still a woman and has "needs" (if you know what I mean). Her love for Shiva is pure and genuine, can't argue with that, but it doesn't change the fact said child was born from said "needs" as well as a bit of her biological clock ticking.

I can't help but wonder if she couldn't have contributed a bit more to the cause (and I'm not talking about "it's dangerous out there, take this Chrono Break Cannon with you") in regards to a meaningful dialogue. After all, Eonia had demonstrated he was willing to talk more than once.

In the manga is even more jarring as it was clear Eonia had feelings for her. Sure, the guy's ideas were not the best but I'm sure there are better options than just "forget about me".

My conclusion: Shatoyarn is nothing more than an instrument. A key to access the Lost Technology garage and a figure to keep the populace happy. As a result she is simply jaded.

The second "power" is the Emperor, Gerard Transbaal. What do we know about him? Apparently he's liked by his subjects and has an unidentified number of consorts. He's Shiva's biological father and, judging from the cutscene at the beginning of the game, he's of advanced age.

At no point we get details about the Royal Family (members, names, etc.) other than Shiva, Eonia and some passing comment about consorts and cousins. Moreover, if you look at the opening cutscene, you'll see that Gerard is surrounded by military officers in the throne room.

So, my question is: was there really a "Royal Family"? Even if they are from different mothers, Eonia doesn't seem to share the slightest trait with Shiva. Perhaps Gerard wasn't that good at his "job"?

Next is Eonia's exile from the Empire: Shatoyarn said he was abnormaly interested in Lost Technology. I found that explaination quite suspicious at best. I'll tell you why: first, at no point in the game we're informed that there are other planets outside the Empire borders (and GA II deals with the discovery of other dimensions). Eonia's tactics are ruthless, yes, but seeing from his perspective they're also highly effective. Moreover, he showed he was willing to dialogue and negotiate; which means there's no reason to believe he would automatically go on a shooting
spree.

Second, Eonia knew about Shiva's heritage. We don't know how but seeing as how the whole thing was kept in secret and even Shatoyarn comments at some point that some people opposed to her having the baby...well, it makes me think somebody was trying to cover his ass.

Finally, the "reasons" for Eonia's vanishment were kept as a secret from the public. Including high ranked officers like Luft and Tact.

My conclusion: Gerard Transbaal is a puppet ruler. A feeble old man with a conservative stance who is afraid of losing his power and taking up to new challenges. Also he can't properly satisfy his consorts.

The final, and most important, "power" is the Military. What's to say about it? For starters, it's strenght is inversely proportional to the number of named characters ranking Commander and higher presented to us: Tact Mayers, Luft Weizen and Sigurd Sidmeyer; the last is not only the most powerful but also a complete power-hungry bastard.

The original plan upon reaching Rhome was to have Tact relinquish his position as the commander of the Elsior and the Angels. While we don't get confirmation about his replacement, all the evidence suggest it would have been good ol' Sigurd. Think about it: he takes control of the Elsior, defeats the Rebel Forces, becomes a hero and secures his place in power. Hmm? Why do you else think he was sucking to Shiva during the ball?

Regarding Tact and Luft, it's obvious they're seen with contempt by their fellow officers. The former is stationed at the end of the galaxy despite his talents, with the excuse of being a "slacker" and a "skirt chaser". And the later clearly does not have as much power as one may believe, evidenced by the fact he took command of the counterattack forces simply because there was nobody else.

My conclusion: the Military is the true evil and that's why Eonia had no qualms in destroying them. Luft, Tact, the Angels and the Elsior Crew are simply being manipulated. Their plan was quite clear: by allowing Shiva to be born and raised, they secured themselves a new puppet ruler and one that could serve as a "spare key" to the White Moon too.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:47 pm

See, not so much a conspiracy, as a reference to our own twisted governments. (it was also on TVTropes, and that site has a less than perfect track record)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:31 pm

it was on the wild mass guessing page for galaxy angel...not the main article...but it makes sense...actually...(the conspiracy was against eonia)

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Not particularly. Transbaals representatin implies an attempt at comparing the illuminati or the catholic church to the military.
An attempt, that was very very well done.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 pm

well, the theory says they conspired against eonia

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 pm

No, the conspiracy was against everyone who wasn't high ranking Military

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 pm

So, they tossed him, claimiing an unatural obsession with LT(That may mean that he never even had an abnormal interest, eh?)

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 am

well, he DID seem to want to use it, but that might have been to spite them...but, the theory ALSO says that that sounds like a very suspicious reason to banish someone

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:11 pm

But then, he may not have been that inerested.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Which means Shatoyarn is also part of the problem

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next