View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:38 am



Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap) 
Author Message
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
sorry I didn't post this at the other thread but I thought a new one with a flashy title like this would get better attention, anyway, there's a poll at project dawn(it's to the right-middle).

If we all vote,GAII will most likely get enough votes and the project dawn translation team will work on it as their next project right away,so how about it,I have already voted myself,I am counting on you guys.

edit:voting is nowhere

edit 2: We won, Yay ^_^, thank you to everyone who voted, members and guests alike, now we just have to wait untill they finish the shuffle essence translation before they translate GAII, stay patient guys, our dream translation will happen eventually.

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Last edited by HERO_1000 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:29 am
Profile
Faux Moderator

Location: Main Server
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
HERO_1000 wrote:
sorry I didn't post this at the other thread but I thought a new one with a flashy title like this would get better attention, anyway, there's a poll at project dawn(it's to the right-middle).

If we all vote,GAII will most likely get enough votes and the project dawn translation team will work on it as their next project right away,so how about it,I have already voted myself,I am counting on you guys.


Old news is old. Thread is now semi-locked.

_________________
Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.


Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
maybe old to you,but it could be new to some people, votes for GAII suddenly increased from 6 to 9 during the small time interval from after I posted the topic to now(and none of the others increased on that time interval, Shin Koihime is still 13 as it is for example),I don't think it's a coincidence,at least I certainly hope it isn't.

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 pm
Profile
Yeah.
User avatar
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Well, 1 of those 3 votes came from me. I didn't know this poll existed until this thread was created.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:45 am
Profile
Faux Moderator

Location: Main Server
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
HERO_1000 wrote:
maybe old to you,but it could be new to some people, votes for GAII suddenly increased from 6 to 9 during the small time interval from after I posted the topic to now(and none of the others increased on that time interval, Shin Koihime is still 13 as it is for example),I don't think it's a coincidence,at least I certainly hope it isn't.


Nah, just kidding. But yeah, I got this information earlier somewhere..I contacted the crew directly at the same place too. There's a lot of sayings that GAII would probably has lesser chances of being translated due to its incredible technical difficulties.

Anyway, even if they're really getting translated or not wouldn't make much differences to me, personally. Since some fans have gone through their way to learn Japanese themselves.

_________________
Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.


Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 am
Profile WWW
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Rico S wrote:
HERO_1000 wrote:
maybe old to you,but it could be new to some people, votes for GAII suddenly increased from 6 to 9 during the small time interval from after I posted the topic to now(and none of the others increased on that time interval, Shin Koihime is still 13 as it is for example),I don't think it's a coincidence,at least I certainly hope it isn't.


Nah, just kidding. But yeah, I got this information earlier somewhere..I contacted the crew directly at the same place too. There's a lot of sayings that GAII would probably has lesser chances of being translated due to its incredible technical difficulties.

Anyway, even if they're really getting translated or not wouldn't make much differences to me, personally. Since some fans have gone through their way to learn Japanese themselves.


wow, really?,it'd be much appreciated if one of them did the request translation on this topic(no technical difficulties involved), I would do it myself except that I know little about Japanese.(and atlas and the other translators aren't really that reliable)

edit:voting is nowhere

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:16 am
Profile
Faux Moderator

Location: Main Server
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
HERO_1000 wrote:
wow, really?,it'd be much appreciated if one of them did the request translation on this topic(no technical difficulties involved), I would do it myself except that I know little about Japanese.(and atlas and the other translators aren't really that reliable)


Aroduc is only the person who knows Japanese around here, he won't even talk about GAII anymore. And some of us Seiha-ians are still learning.

It's not that your thread is ignored, it's just that no one could really do it by now.

_________________
Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.


Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:46 am
Profile WWW
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Rico S wrote:
HERO_1000 wrote:
wow, really?,it'd be much appreciated if one of them did the request translation on this topic(no technical difficulties involved), I would do it myself except that I know little about Japanese.(and atlas and the other translators aren't really that reliable)


Aroduc is only the person who knows Japanese around here, he won't even talk about GAII anymore. And some of us Seiha-ians are still learning.

It's not that your thread is ignored, it's just that no one could really do it by now.


I understand that,however main reason Aroduc didn't translate it were due to technical difficulties of translating a ps2 game, the type of translation I asked for doesn't have those technical difficulties, maybe I should give asking him a try and Pm him.

not to mention there's also Lester, though he hasn't made any promises either.

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:23 am
Profile
Faux Moderator

Location: Main Server
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
HERO_1000 wrote:
I understand that,however main reason Aroduc didn't translate it were due to technical difficulties of translating a ps2 game, the type of translation I asked for doesn't have those technical difficulties, maybe I should give asking him a try and Pm him.

not to mention there's also Lester, though he hasn't made any promises either.


No, siree.
Aroduc wrote:
...and the fact that the game is nowhere as good.

Have you tried that already? Meanwhile, Aroduc's a bit busy about his secret project too. Let's just be patient and see what's next.
Or get another translator.

But hey, I have an idea. :twisted:

_________________
Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.


Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Rico S wrote:
HERO_1000 wrote:
I understand that,however main reason Aroduc didn't translate it were due to technical difficulties of translating a ps2 game, the type of translation I asked for doesn't have those technical difficulties, maybe I should give asking him a try and Pm him.

not to mention there's also Lester, though he hasn't made any promises either.


No, siree.
Aroduc wrote:
...and the fact that the game is nowhere as good.

Have you tried that already? Meanwhile, Aroduc's a bit busy about his secret project too. Let's just be patient and see what's next.
Or get another translator.

But hey, I have an idea. :twisted:


woah,really? :o

what is it?

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:27 am
Profile
Yeah.
User avatar
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Rico S wrote:
HERO_1000 wrote:
I understand that,however main reason Aroduc didn't translate it were due to technical difficulties of translating a ps2 game, the type of translation I asked for doesn't have those technical difficulties, maybe I should give asking him a try and Pm him.

not to mention there's also Lester, though he hasn't made any promises either.


No, siree.
Aroduc wrote:
...and the fact that the game is nowhere as good.

Have you tried that already? Meanwhile, Aroduc's a bit busy about his secret project too. Let's just be patient and see what's next.
Or get another translator.

But hey, I have an idea. :twisted:


Kidnap some translators to do the work for us?

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:05 pm
Profile
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Buliel wrote:
Rico S wrote:
HERO_1000 wrote:
I understand that,however main reason Aroduc didn't translate it were due to technical difficulties of translating a ps2 game, the type of translation I asked for doesn't have those technical difficulties, maybe I should give asking him a try and Pm him.

not to mention there's also Lester, though he hasn't made any promises either.


No, siree.
Aroduc wrote:
...and the fact that the game is nowhere as good.

Have you tried that already? Meanwhile, Aroduc's a bit busy about his secret project too. Let's just be patient and see what's next.
Or get another translator.

But hey, I have an idea. :twisted:


Kidnap some translators to do the work for us?


aww~~,I thought you were being serious.

If everything fails, I can translate it myself for you guys by transforming the atlas translated engrish into understandable english, though it won't be as accurate as a translation from a fluent japanese speaker like aroduc or lester,hopefully I won't need to do that though if the we win the poll and get an even better translation from the dawn team(and done on the game itself too,not just text on a text file to read while playing the game.)

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:16 pm
Profile
Yeah.
User avatar
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
HERO_1000 wrote:
aww~~,I thought you were being serious.

If everything fails, I can translate it myself for you guys by transforming the atlas translated engrish into understandable english, though it won't be as accurate as a translation from a fluent japanese speaker like aroduc or lester,hopefully I won't need to do that though if the we win the poll and get an even better translation from the dawn team(and done on the game itself too,not just text on a text file to read while playing the game.)


Well, we seem to be winning the poll now.

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:33 pm
Profile
Faux Moderator

Location: Main Server
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
HERO_1000 wrote:
aww~~,I thought you were being serious.


Of course not. The emoticon says it all.

Buliel wrote:
Kidnap some translators to do the work for us?


Take the cookie, Buliel, because you got the idea.

HERO_1000 wrote:
If everything fails, I can translate it myself for you guys by transforming the atlas translated engrish into understandable english, though it won't be as accurate as a translation from a fluent japanese speaker like aroduc or lester,hopefully I won't need to do that though if the we win the poll and get an even better translation from the dawn team(and done on the game itself too,not just text on a text file to read while playing the game.)


I also thought about it, yeah. I wanted to create another dedicated thread for GAII translations that is open for everyone, even without fluent Japanese speakers. But seeing the possibility of inaccuracies in the translations...I turned it down.

_________________
Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.


Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:26 am
Profile WWW
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Rico S wrote:
HERO_1000 wrote:
HERO_1000 wrote:
If everything fails, I can translate it myself for you guys by transforming the atlas translated engrish into understandable english, though it won't be as accurate as a translation from a fluent japanese speaker like aroduc or lester,hopefully I won't need to do that though if the we win the poll and get an even better translation from the dawn team(and done on the game itself too,not just text on a text file to read while playing the game.)


I also thought about it, yeah. I wanted to create another dedicated thread for GAII translations that is open for everyone, even without fluent Japanese speakers. But seeing the possibility of inaccuracies in the translations...I turned it down.


true,seemed like it would ruin both romantic and comedic scenes,let's hope we won't have to resort to that.

edit: good news, we won't have to resort to it after all, lester has agreed to translating GAII if no group translates it, I still want us to get the translation from the dawn team but it's relieving having a far better last resort than machine translation.

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:59 am
Profile
VN God
User avatar
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Well holly crap.... I never thought someone would actually post something about our projects here... Consider me amazed... 0.0 but anyway... I am Pilot000X even if my username is ProjectDawn.... Every day I checked that poll and thought "There is NO way Galaxy Angel II got 140 something votes..." and thought people were voting more than once.... now I see I was wrong.... anyway...

The only problem with the Galaxy Angel II patch is that... well... it can't be patched.... (Now there may be SOME chance but it's not very good) I'll explain why:

I opened the GAII.ISO in DamonTools and found all the files for the game... HOWEVER they were all .dat files... .dat files are files that can only be opened by the program that created them and there are a LOT of programs that can make .dat files. If you have that problem and add to it the fact that they don't specify which program created them then it's almost impossible to open them without extracting the files manually using Hex Editor. (very hard to do)... so you see my predicament....

So from here I have 2 options..... #1 do as you say in ( http://games.seiha.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=200) and just translate the text and put it into .txt files... OR... #2 I can try and get the graphics, sounds, and videos from the game and REMAKE most of the game using a VN engine.... now you would have to play the battles on an Emulator.... but I think I could make a similar version of the "Free time" map..... anyway... Just thought I'd share that with you guys....


Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
ProjectDawn wrote:
Well holly crap.... I never thought someone would actually post something about our projects here... Consider me amazed... 0.0 but anyway... I am Pilot000X even if my username is ProjectDawn.... Every day I checked that poll and thought "There is NO way Galaxy Angel II got 140 something votes..." and thought people were voting more than once.... now I see I was wrong.... anyway...

The only problem with the Galaxy Angel II patch is that... well... it can't be patched.... (Now there may be SOME chance but it's not very good) I'll explain why:

I opened the GAII.ISO in DamonTools and found all the files for the game... HOWEVER they were all .dat files... .dat files are files that can only be opened by the program that created them and there are a LOT of programs that can make .dat files. If you have that problem and add to it the fact that they don't specify which program created them then it's almost impossible to open them without extracting the files manually using Hex Editor. (very hard to do)... so you see my predicament....

So from here I have 2 options..... #1 do as you say in ( http://games.seiha.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=200) and just translate the text and put it into .txt files... OR... #2 I can try and get the graphics, sounds, and videos from the game and REMAKE most of the game using a VN engine.... now you would have to play the battles on an Emulator.... but I think I could make a similar version of the "Free time" map..... anyway... Just thought I'd share that with you guys....



well holy crap, you actually noticed the topic and even posted here 0.0

thanks very much for considering it, as for the options, #2 will of course get a better final result however it'll be slower,harder to do and it's even questionable if it's possible and we might have to download a whole new ISO.

I for one don't mind #1 (heck, I am the one that posted the request for a quick/fast translation), it's actually more than good enough for me, but maybe we should hear the opinion of others as well.

btw, the battles worked for me with almost no lag on the emulator(or at least the first one, up-till now I only went as far as chapter 2 part 1),just confirming that so far there is no emulator slowdown(unlike with the other ps2 games)

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:28 pm
Profile
VN God
User avatar
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
I don't know if the battles work for me yet but I plan on testing it in a few seconds...

_________________
Current Projects:
Image
Shuffle! Essence+


Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Location: US
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Holy crap, ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶l̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶l̶y̶ .I'm fine with a text file, but obviously the second option is preferable. I definitely am looking forward to this.

_________________
It's funny because I still haven't completed all the routes.


Last edited by Weaht on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile
VN God
User avatar
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Don't thank me... not yet... We are currently working on Shuffle! Essence +.... we are going to release the Alpha version of the game sometime today, tomorrow, or Friday...... and even that has been a challenge... 2 Months.... That's how long this has taken and the alpha only covers the FIRST DAY of the game..... we may not get to work on GAII Seriously until we've at least worked out all the bugs with Shuffle! Essence+ which may take a while.... =/

_________________
Current Projects:
Image
Shuffle! Essence+


Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Location: US
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Well, I just wanted to say that I wish you luck.

_________________
It's funny because I still haven't completed all the routes.


Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:09 pm
Profile
HERO
User avatar

Location: Above you!!!
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
tbh, I want you to finish the shuffle translation asap, but after thinking a bit, I say you shouldn't rush it if it'll sacrifice translation quality(for those who want the shuffle translation), so good luck and take your time(but not too much of it :mrgreen: )

_________________
Image

Wish there was a "Tact Fan" pic too.


Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:02 am
Profile
The Forums Eternal Troll
User avatar

Location: Your Mind, your MIIIIIND
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
Well hot diggity dog.
Never thought the man responsible for Project Dawn would post here, in this.......slightly less than logical hell hole.
#2....Preferable, but very VERY painful to execute to a high grade.
#1....Hmmmm, I'd be ine with that.
Also, DO NOT RUSH SHUFFLE OR I WILL MURDER YOU!!!
i want quality when I play it.

_________________
MY shit is wrecked
Image


Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 pm
Profile
VN God
User avatar
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
and why not? Project Dawn started out as a Fan-game site for Galaxy Angel: Eternal DAWN....... see where I got the name? :D anyway.... yea I know not to rush..... that's common sense..... anyway I am now unsure about the translation of GAII..... since my Translator is being an ass..... and is refusing to translate anything other than Shuffle! games........ fucking bastard..........only thinking of himself...... anyway..... now I need another translator willing to help with GAII.......

_________________
Current Projects:
Image
Shuffle! Essence+


Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Faux Moderator

Location: Main Server
Post Re: Important!!! (for those who want GAII translation asap)
ProjectDawn wrote:
anyway I am now unsure about the translation of GAII..... since my Translator is being an ass..... and is refusing to translate anything other than Shuffle! games........ fucking bastard..........only thinking of himself...... anyway..... now I need another translator willing to help with GAII.......


Funny. I bet he's a Shuffle fanboy that hasn't really approved of how the voting went.

Assuming that Shuffle! Essence+ is the only Shuffle title project remains, try to convince him again after it's done.

_________________
Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.


Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.