Seiha Translations
http://games.seiha.org/

Mental Abnormalities Thread.
http://games.seiha.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=132
Page 12 of 12

Author:  Lester Killderros [ Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

So, I discovered two things.
Firstly, Broccoli, rather than AniMate, owns the rights to Galaxy Angel in it's entirety. This is promising news, as Broccoli was known for loving their fans, and for being desperate for a way to return to glory (GA was their magnum opus, and fandoms as huge as the angels had don't ever truly die)

Secondly, having something to call back to the very first GA game would be an immensely handy tool. The song eternal love would fit the bill, however, issues arise from which version to use and when.

Considering the Idea I have, although how that one pans out remains to be seen, something more triumphant and amazing, such as the original, or the 11 angel version, played before, during or after the final battle, in a cutscene, would be the most effective place to cause mass nostalgia boners.

Also, I'm going to do a lets play of the original three Galaxy Angel games on youtube, try and revive some of the bigger fans of the series, or let its name be known a little better. Either or, is good.

And, as I said, RenPy is the tool for the VN sections. As I said, it's free, and user friendly, and a good example of what RenPy can dish out when handled by a dedicated team (pssh, dedicated, it was 4chans /a/ board) is the VN, Katawa Shoujo.

Author:  Rico S [ Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

Lester Killderros wrote:
So, I discovered two things.
Firstly, Broccoli, rather than AniMate, owns the rights to Galaxy Angel in it's entirety. This is promising news, as Broccoli was known for loving their fans, and for being desperate for a way to return to glory (GA was their magnum opus, and fandoms as huge as the angels had don't ever truly die)

The BDs sales speaks for itself, the anime fans are still there. Even /a/ talks about it sometimes.

Quote:
Secondly, having something to call back to the very first GA game would be an immensely handy tool

This prompts me to hand out a challenge for T-O-M; build (or port) a revamped spacecraft simulation game derived from the first series.

Quote:
The song eternal love would fit the bill, however, issues arise from which version to use and when.Considering the Idea I have, although how that one pans out remains to be seen, something more triumphant and amazing, such as the original, or the 11 angel version, played before, during or after the final battle, in a cutscene, would be the most effective place to cause mass nostalgia boners.

Depends on the central theme. We can discuss this deeper on the storyline thread.

Quote:
Also, I'm going to do a lets play of the original three Galaxy Angel games on youtube, try and revive some of the bigger fans of the series, or let its name be known a little better. Either or, is good.

Post the channel link here, maybe some of Seiha-ians could spread it.

Author:  Lester Killderros [ Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

Rico S wrote:
Quote:
Also, I'm going to do a lets play of the original three Galaxy Angel games on youtube, try and revive some of the bigger fans of the series, or let its name be known a little better. Either or, is good.

Post the channel link here, maybe some of Seiha-ians could spread it.

The let's play is being done on a chance and a bucket of Happy Thoughts. My current Set up can handle screen capture, voice recording and speaker recording, BUT, it's being a jerk off, so tomorrow I'm going to see about using one of the other higher end pc's in this house to record, create and upload the first 30 minutes of let's play

Author:  Lester Killderros [ Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

http://youtu.be/LBBGRR3ype4

Part one of the lets play

Author:  The odd man [ Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

Rico S wrote:
You people managed to convince me, but there are still some things that I feel necessary to question;

The odd man wrote:
I'm an engineering major...

Are you implying that you have less spare time for this project?

I may or may not be able to help, not sure how much I'll be able to do here.
Rico S wrote:
The odd man wrote:
The extent of my programming skills is writing a game for war in C++

Impressive! Can I assume you are able the build the VN engine from scratch? I think it's better that way as we have less issues with performance.

I meant the card game. And the graphics were in ASCII.

Rico S wrote:
The odd man wrote:
Yeah they tried that about 30 times, its been shut down rather aggressively each and every time by the collective power of voter outrage. (you really don't want to be the candidate that pissed off 60-70% of the voters)

Source on this? Not to doubt you but I've missed too much news recently, which is critical for my studies.

Also, I assume Lester already has a general idea of the plan, so can we start distributing the work now?

[/quote]
As for that, see, SOPA, CISPA, ACTA, and probably several others. The general public responds by promptly petitioning it to death. They /really/ don't like the idea of the internet being governed in any direct manner.

Author:  Lester Killderros [ Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

we shoukd just use the Project GA engine, hey, it's already there, it already exists, it's coded we just need to exploit it ourselves

Also, LET'S PLAY PART 2
http://youtu.be/zPwctBfIMr0

Author:  The odd man [ Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

Exploit the hard work of others for fun and non-profit!

Author:  Lester Killderros [ Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

The odd man wrote:
Exploit the hard work of others for fun and non-profit!

Hey, it worked for a lot of other companies
Like the guys behind Quake
And Unreal

Author:  The odd man [ Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

Did you know that lag invented the concept of difficulty curves in gaming? Space Invaders actually had so many sprites on screen the game was lagging, and each one you killed reduced this. The creator noticed this, and liked the idea of it getting harder the further you got, and so it was deliberately programmed to change speeds in all future versions.

A surprising number of good ideas are invented purely by accident.

Author:  Lester Killderros [ Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

apropos of literally nothing
Image
turns out someone barely 2 hours drive from me was selling this on eBay. Score.

Author:  The odd man [ Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

Holy hot damn do I love to disappear into the void only to show back up much later. I really need to stop doing that.

Author:  Buliel [ Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.

Figured I should come back here someday.

That came to mind when I was playing Elite Dangerous.

Page 12 of 12 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/