View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Mental Abnormalities Thread. 
The Forums Eternal Troll

Post Re: Mental Abnormalities Thread.
AREN'T I MARVELLOUS?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:16 pm
Yeah.
That will depend on what will happen.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:25 am
Derailer of Everything

You didn't really do anything...

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:25 pm
The Forums Eternal Troll

I did everything

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm
Derailer of Everything

Of course, everything, within a set of nothing, is still nothing.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm
The Forums Eternal Troll

By that logic nothing , within a set of nothing, is also everything

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:33 pm
Derailer of Everything

The thing about the special olympics is, even if you win, you're still retarded.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm
The Forums Eternal Troll

"I realize that as a person, I am quite warped"

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:16 pm
The Forums Eternal Troll

Man....this topic is so high I MEAN FUCK there is some serious sexual drug addiction here dude bras

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:06 am
Derailer of Everything

We have become the concept of drugs itself.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:54 pm
The Forums Eternal Troll

"We are LSD, Weed and Ice incarnate. Fear US"

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:36 pm
Derailer of Everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 pm
The Forums Eternal Troll

But see we are so fucking fabulous that the song doesn't even apply anymore.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:27 am
Derailer of Everything

No it applies to anyone who gets near us but isn't us.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 pm
Faux Moderator

The odd man wrote:

Except that no one really sticks to us by the end. Guess we just got high by our very existence all the time.

Seiha's #3 post and rep (Wait, does that exist?) whore.
-----
Pepper.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:53 am
Profile WWW
The Forums Eternal Troll

Rico S wrote:
The odd man wrote:

Except that no one really sticks to us by the end. Guess we just got high by our very existence all the time.

Our presence is a hell of a durg

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:03 am
Derailer of Everything

Rather amusing when you get down to it.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:37 pm
Faux Moderator

Lester Killderros wrote:

The odd man wrote:

I've done it. Now I'm imagining all sorts of deprived sexual fantasies happening in the Sexy Empire.

-----
Pepper.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:18 am
Profile WWW
The Forums Eternal Troll

Rico S wrote:
Lester Killderros wrote:

The odd man wrote:

I've done it. Now I'm imagining all sorts of deprived sexual fantasies happening in the Sexy Empire.

Rico, no, Drugs are bad, so are orgies, unless you are me

On a more forum based topic, I had a hella rad idea bro bois. What if someone (I.e. Probably me) created an Indie game to continue Galaxy ANgel. And none of this dawn of Huskarl Nonsense, a proper VN/Simulation game. Hey, we have the technology, all we need is character design, a story and possibly voice actors although that's not vital at all, alot of great VN games are purely text except for animated cutscenes.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:01 am
Faux Moderator

Lester Killderros wrote:
On a more forum based topic, I had a hella rad idea bro bois. What if someone (I.e. Probably me) created an Indie game to continue Galaxy ANgel.

Do any of us (And by extension, our associates and acquaintances) really have the dedication for this? The three of us are already in the age to be studying in Universities.
As a matter of fact, I am.

Lester Killderros wrote:
And none of this dawn of Huskarl Nonsense, a proper VN/Simulation game.

If we can get either Urobutcher or Jun Maeda to write the script, I'm up for (intermittent) assistance.

Lester Killderros wrote:
Hey, we have the technology, all we need is character design, a story and possibly voice actors although that's not vital at all, alot of great VN games are purely text except for animated cutscenes.

We can extract the sprites and music from the games (Beware of copyright warmongers, though), and we have several free VN engines circulating in the net. Still, we need some programming skills.

Really, we could do with some help.

-----
Pepper.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:26 am
Profile WWW
The Forums Eternal Troll

Rico S wrote:
Lester Killderros wrote:
On a more forum based topic, I had a hella rad idea bro bois. What if someone (I.e. Probably me) created an Indie game to continue Galaxy ANgel.

Do any of us (And by extension, our associates and acquaintances) really have the dedication for this? The three of us are already in the age to be studying in Universities.

As are most independent developers, many juggle study and game design (besides, say, parsec productions, even Scott Cawthorn, creator of Five Nights at Freddys' has a life outside game making

Rico S wrote:
Lester Killderros wrote:
And none of this dawn of Huskarl Nonsense, a proper VN/Simulation game.

If we can get either Urobutcher or Jun Maeda to write the script, I'm up for (intermittent) assistance.

Do you mean the code, or the storyline? Because you seem to forget, we are three huge GA nerds, we can handle both of them with time

Rico S wrote:
Lester Killderros wrote:
Hey, we have the technology, all we need is character design, a story and possibly voice actors although that's not vital at all, alot of great VN games are purely text except for animated cutscenes.

We can extract the sprites and music from the games (Beware of copyright warmongers, though), and we have several free VN engines circulating in the net. Still, we need some programming skills.

Really, we could do with some help.

RenPy is easy to use as a VN creator, it's made purely for ease of use, and, oddly, it's free. As for copyright, in 90% of of countries, Copyright Law is only used to defend against profiteeing through illegal use of someones intellectual property rights with intention to deny the person their intellectual property. Meaning, as long as the game is free, and we credit GA to broccoli, they can't touch us without looking like violent fan haters. not a good look for a dying company.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:45 am
Faux Moderator

Lester Killderros wrote:
As are most independent developers, many juggle study and game design (besides, say, parsec productions, even Scott Cawthorn, creator of Five Nights at Freddys' has a life outside game making

Lester Killderros wrote:
Do you mean the code, or the storyline? Because you seem to forget, we are three huge GA nerds, we can handle both of them with time

No guarantees can be made about our time management, since this is the first time we actually trying to create a project together. I'll work on it whenever I can.

Lester Killderros wrote:
RenPy is easy to use as a VN creator, it's made purely for ease of use, and, oddly, it's free.

If you said so, I would really hope that you'll be taking most of the programming task. I and T-O-M have no meaningful programming skills.

Lester Killderros wrote:
As for copyright, in 90% of of countries, Copyright Law is only used to defend against profiteeing through illegal use of someones intellectual property rights with intention to deny the person their intellectual property.

Remember the case of Samsung vs Apple? It was simply about the design implementation of smooth round corners in certain Samsung products, which Apple claims as the product of intellectual property law violation. That's prime example of the potential power from petty sentiments in the face of law. If there is anything to complain about to this people, they will take action. Don't piss off the big guys.

Unfortunately, the 10% might include our countries. Let's see how horrible the party can be;

I live in a totalitarian s***hole which partially dominated by western and Chinese businessmen with copyright craze trying to buy the entire senate cabinet. As a matter of fact, I need to use 3 simultaneous anonymity programs just to get into torrent sites.

T-O-M lives on the land of Freedom which also loves Freedom of imprisoning people who are against the wishes of MPAA-RIAA alliances. We should all know it since the death of Megaupload.

Meanwhile, some related organizations have started to turn its heads to Strayans. I can't say much other than there are plans for tighter restriction of piracy.

As for Japan itself, with the emergence of Manga-Anime Guardians organizations, several high-profile anime-based fansites have been taken down without notice. Before that, we've heard complaints about VN fan translation efforts cancelled due to threats from related companies.

Lester Killderros wrote:
Meaning, as long as the game is free, and we credit GA to broccoli, they can't touch us without looking like violent fan haters. not a good look for a dying company.

This seems promising.

All I'm saying is to take precaution because all of the problems could arise. I'm in the project, but don't expect any degree of devotion to it (yet).

-----
Pepper.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
The Forums Eternal Troll

Rico S wrote:
Lester Killderros wrote:
As for copyright, in 90% of of countries, Copyright Law is only used to defend against profiteeing through illegal use of someones intellectual property rights with intention to deny the person their intellectual property.

Remember the case of Samsung vs Apple? It was simply about the design implementation of smooth round corners in certain Samsung products, which Apple claims as the product of intellectual property law violation. That's prime example of the potential power from petty sentiments in the face of law. If there is anything to complain about to this people, they will take action. Don't piss off the big guys.

Unfortunately, the 10% might include our countries. Let's see how horrible the party can be;

I live in a totalitarian s***hole which partially dominated by western and Chinese businessmen with copyright craze trying to buy the entire senate cabinet. As a matter of fact, I need to use 3 simultaneous anonymity programs just to get into torrent sites.

T-O-M lives on the land of Freedom which also loves Freedom of imprisoning people who are against the wishes of MPAA-RIAA alliances. We should all know it since the death of Megaupload.

Meanwhile, some related organizations have started to turn its heads to Strayans. I can't say much other than there are plans for tighter restriction of piracy.

As for Japan itself, with the emergence of Manga-Anime Guardians organizations, several high-profile anime-based fansites have been taken down without notice. Before that, we've heard complaints about VN fan translation efforts cancelled due to threats from related companies.

Lester Killderros wrote:
Meaning, as long as the game is free, and we credit GA to broccoli, they can't touch us without looking like violent fan haters. not a good look for a dying company.

This seems promising.

All I'm saying is to take precaution because all of the problems could arise. I'm in the project, but don't expect any degree of devotion to it (yet).

Unlike, say, a tens of trillions of dollars lawsuit between two mega companies, at which two companies stake millions on sales, we'd be a trio of dedicated fan boys making a fan-sequel to a series that has been dead for years, and is owned by a company that is 1. known for pandering to it's fans and 2. worth only a measly 30% of what it WAS worth when it made these long dead games. The high-profile sites that get taken down, are generally the ones hosting intellectual property piracy, or claim to be "the official" such and such anime/manga site and make a profit off of advertising and selling their name as the "word of god". This is why Blazblue Forum, Hongfire etc etc are still up after ALL these years.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:46 pm
Derailer of Everything

Rico S wrote:

Don't even get me started...

Rico S wrote:

I'm an engineering major...

Rico S wrote:
If you said so, I would really hope that you'll be taking most of the programming task. I and T-O-M have no meaningful programming skills.

The extent of my programming skills is writing a game for war in C++
Rico S wrote:

Yeah they tried that about 30 times, its been shut down rather aggressively each and every time by the collective power of voter outrage. (you really don't want to be the candidate that pissed off 60-70% of the voters)

Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 pm
Faux Moderator

You people managed to convince me, but there are still some things that I feel necessary to question;

The odd man wrote:
I'm an engineering major...

Are you implying that you have less spare time for this project?

The odd man wrote:
The extent of my programming skills is writing a game for war in C++

Impressive! Can I assume you are able the build the VN engine from scratch? I think it's better that way as we have less issues with performance.

The odd man wrote:
Yeah they tried that about 30 times, its been shut down rather aggressively each and every time by the collective power of voter outrage. (you really don't want to be the candidate that pissed off 60-70% of the voters)

Source on this? Not to doubt you but I've missed too much news recently, which is critical for my studies.

Also, I assume Lester already has a general idea of the plan, so can we start distributing the work now?

-----
Pepper.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next