[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - The Ultimate Role Play Topic
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 1356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 55  Next
 The Ultimate Role Play Topic 
Post Re: The Ultimate Role Play Topic
This: http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html - d&d section of point-buy system

Str is for melee damage and to-hit, and also to carry stuff.

Dex is for dodging hits and to-hit with ranged attacks, and also used for reflex save.

Con determines your hp and your fortitude save.

Int determines your arcane spells DC, the number of times you can cast those and the number of skill points you have.

Wis determines your divine spells DC, the number of times you can cast those and your will save.

Cha determines how good socially you are. This is more of a stat for a commander unless you have a class that uses cha as main stat, such as a bard.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 pm

OKay, stat measurements are 12, 11, 13, 16, 13, 11, you choose what you want where

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 pm

in that case:
STR:16
DEX:13
CON:13
INT:12
WIS:11
CHA:11

basedon on how important they seem to me, given my layout...its just funny it worked out greatest to least...lol

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Well, with 28
STR:16
DEX:14
INT:11
WIS:9
CHA:13

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Unfortunately your stats reflected a 28 point build with stat base of 8 better so we'll go with that

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Last edited by Buliel on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Oh wait, no, changed my mind:
STR:13
DEX:16
INT:12
WIS:11
CHA:11

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Oh, I was going by one of the other editions 32 stat builds, now I see what you did

If we aren't using the diminishing returns, I will change the stats slightly.

We got this. Alright, so, starting equipment, money, vehicles, etc.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Starting gear is decided by class, money is.....not sure, starting vehicles are dependant on class and everything we work out in the intro

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:28 pm
If we go for 32-point no diminishing return, this is what my stats would look like:

10 Str
18 Dex
16 Con
16 Int
10 Wis
10 Cha

If we keep them as they are, they will remain like this:

10 Str
16 Dex
14 Con
16 Int
10 Wis
10 Cha

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Right then, anything else we need before we start this up?

I WOULD like to get this underway as soon as possible.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Not at the moment, we could start any time

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Let's do this then.

Shall we store the stats, classes, alignments, etc in another thread then?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Alright, you're ready, Buliel?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 pm
Yup.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Well, since it's been a while since I dm'd a mapless, I think we should open on basic narration, here goes.
"The white moon tavern was alive with excitement as people crowded in to celebrate the announcement that a new ruin had been found and was now open to treasure hunters."(I'll go later I need someone else to do something before I will)

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm

I sit down in a chair, and listen in on the conversations, seeing if I can hear anything resembling details.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm
Ragna, knowing that his life is a bit boring and knowing he could gain a bit of money by doing some jobs, goes to the White Moon tavern.

(I assumed not everyone already starts inside the tavern)

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 pm

(Not at all)
Johnny, seated by the bar, pointed at the screen and chuckled, none of these idiots is gonna find it before me(I should mention all three characters need to be in the tavern before anything starts)

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Bill, attempting to listen in, thinks to himself that he'll go after that treasure, like hell he'd let some inexperienced punks get it first. Then again, it's probably not got much in it, he knows how people tend to exaggerate. With that, he just checks up on the location of the ruins, and prepares to set off for them.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 pm
After hearing about ruins being recently found and being open to treasure hunters, Ragna checks the location of the ruins. It might be dangerous, and it might not have much, but then again, he knows how to stay out of danger if something big happens.

He prepares his gear to venture for the ruins.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Deciding most of these idiots will probably get themselves killed anyway, he figures they may as well die to let someone else succeed, and begins looking for anyone who looks gullible, foolish, etc.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 55  Next