View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 BB2 Named Characters 
Post BB2 Named Characters
So, I just got Filliane, and I was wondering- do I keep her as a party member, or does she leave eventually like Ekate in BB1? Or are there negatives to using her like to not being able to import her to a new save as with Meryl? The question applies to any other named characters I might acquire later, of course.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Post Re: BB2 Named Characters
As far as I know, Filiane and Marialis stay forever. Later, Meryl and Shia join for a short time, then leave. Don't know about others.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:13 am
Assuming characters may be imported into a New Game+, will Filiane or Marialis be available for that? Or is that mechanic gone in BB2?

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 pm
Characters are either unique or generic/hireable.

Uniques (in Liz/Maki/Moetan):
Revive at 1 HP at the end of battle when defeated
Reset to default level on NG+

Generics/Hireables:
Must be hired back at the store if defeated (or SGPed)
If in the final boss party:
--'Promote' (get a special medal/progressively more stars) and become one step more disciplined/controllable
--Are inherited on NG+

Uniques get the little medal and stars too, but I don't think it does anything for them. I could be wrong though. Also not 100% on the inheriting stuff, so feel free to correct me.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 pm
What uniques are there? I remember going through the Citadel Spear dungeon a few times and ended up recruiting Miriza. Are there other optional/missable party members? I picked up two in the Effervescent Sea but I don't think you can avoid getting them.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 am
I'll list the named uniques I know of/have gotten so far.

So yeah obviously there's Dah and Echo from Effervescent Sea, and Filliane and Mirialis who you get in the story. There's also the Angel Berserker Doua. To get her, you just have to beat her (I forget when she pops up, but when you're progressing through the story, she'll appear). She'll join your party after you walk a bit more after beating her.

Momo joins you near the end (I believe after the castle falls).

The adventurers and overseers all join you at the very end of the game and stay through the last boss, so I guess they're TECHNICALLY permanent party members (though you don't have much to use them on).

There's also Maki and Liz, who you get from importing a BB1 save. Moetan is an Ent you get if you get all 10 questions right on the quiz and start a new game. I'm sure there are a few others I've missed, as I kind of rushed through the end. I'm going to take a more relaxed approach my second time through, so I can get all the scenes and CGs.

Kozelotte is another one, though she only stays temporarily (and has Darx's stats/abilities when you get her). Shia and Meryl are, as everyone knows, temporary. But yeah, you get the three overseers (ekate, Golan, Tojo) and the adventurers (Roger, Jon, Tatsumaki, Dorothy) at the very end.

Also, Filliane leaves at one point in the game temporarily, but you can get her back without even doing any battles, just by going in and out of the dungeons to refresh the scenes. After a few scenes, she comes back permanently.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]