[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Bunny Black 2 TL Notes
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bunny Black 2 TL Notes 
Post Re: Translation Notes
Investment bugs

The last thing is unlocked at 700,000, but you can keep investing for extra Renown (or whatever). There will be messages at some about new items being available in the store, but those are lies, and happen in the Japanese version as well.

Investment caps and gives no more rewards at 9,000,000.

Note that the last two units unlocked (at 250,000 and 400,000) are the only two playable units that get multiple attacks per turn.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 am
Honestly, I have no idea why Kona and her species are supposedly tiger girls. They don't look like tigers at all, and the tails are definitely not tiger tails. But I'm not sure what it would be otherwise, as I can't think of anything with those kind of big mouse ears (if they were smaller, maybe they'd look like tiger ears) and bristley horse tail. Hyenas would be my best guess. On the BB2 website, they're called tiger girls, although in game, they're just called "animal girls." Maybe some kinds of dog? Their name in Japanese is just gibberish as far as I can tell anyway. Hiruf? Hailuh? Hairf? Something like that at any rate. Only thing I can think of is an amalgam of hyena and wolf, which would account for the big ears and tail (although wolf tails aren't that swishy), which would also fit their description about being loners, but always flocking to battlefields.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:14 pm
In the last Angler scene, it gets a bit JAPANESEY. I doubt any Westerners are going to recognize the seven cuts of an angler fish, or know about their parasite stuff, how they have to be hung up to be cut, but maybe dimly aware that the males are tiny and ergo not food.

Here's some fun reading.
http://tadaimajp.com/2015/01/anglerfish/

So... yeah.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:09 pm
Crowe's forgetful because she's a bird.

Ergo bird brained.

You might remember this hilarious joke from EVERY SINGLE MANGA AND ANIME WITH A BIRD GIRL.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 pm
There's something weird up with the (friendly, non-plot) adventurer scripts. They're duplicated in the main scripts for some reason, with a different header on the two versions of the scripts, and for the 25 scenes in them, if version A has the ":####" tag (not sure what they are, location marker, I assume) for a scene, then version B doesn't, and vice versa. All of the scenes are tagged between the two scripts, but the scenes are otherwise 100% identical.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:07 pm
The play they're putting on in the extra scene is Momotaro.

Now you know.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:53 pm
Crowe's bonus "blackbird" scene.

She says that her ancestors were trying to remember if shiro (white) was "white" or "black" in English, then got it wrong. That's why they have white wings, but are "blackbirds" (in English).

Yeah, this isn't a translation that works.

============

Also, Ultinia's Kansai dialect scene pains me. She also rambles about Maikos, which are supposed to learn the Kyoto dialect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiko

I really don't understand that stuff well either, but it's just kind of rambling diarrhea of the mouth to begin with, so...
Anyway, a maiko is an apprentice geiko. Geisha come from Tokyo. Geiko come from Kyoto. They're mostly the same thing though.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:28 pm
I'm changing some of the quiz questions and answers because they're about spelling things in English or are otherwise simply too Japanese.

Also, of the ~90 questions, two have completely random answers. What dicks.

These two are pretty great though.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:42 pm
Fun fact

The config screen isn't actually the same image as Rakia's store. The display in the middle was redone at some point, and a bunch of the shadows were lightened.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:03 pm
Sometimes the way things are sorted seems a bit... random.

The Dungeon list in the Extra menu, for example. Sorting by Dungeon Name sorts by their order in the obj file defining their names. It's not alphabetical, even in Japanese.

Also, side note, all the dungeons have a description, but it's never actually displayed anywhere.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2