[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Hard Difficulty
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Hard Difficulty 
Post Hard Difficulty
Hi everybody, I'm very curious about something. First I started playing this game at 3rd level difficulty. I wasn't even able to defeat easiest enemies so I started again with 2nd difficulty. It was a little bit hard and I was going well. Until yellow shadows starting to show up. It's impossible to defeat a single yellow shadow, they are just to many inside. Now I just can't believe that I can't even play this game in 2nd difficulty so there must be a trick. Anyone can share?

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Post Re: Hard Difficulty
The difficulty choice dialogue warned you about choosing anything above 1st.
Also, yellow encounters are supposed to be boss-hard. Initially I couldn't do anything with them even on 1st diff.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:08 pm
I saw the warning but I just don't usually play games at easiest lvl, afterall even the hardest one should be beatable but this one seem a little bit ridiculous. I didn't even try hardest one. Anyway it seems I have to go with the 1st choice this time.

Thanks for the reply.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:20 pm
By the way one more thing. At the start of first dungeon, Meryl gives me a "new barier". It says I can use it to rest and recovery if I'm inside of it but I can't find how to use it, it's no where to be seen?

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:28 pm
The barrier is just the game's explanation of why nothing happens when you are in the menus. It isn't an actual item or anything.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:50 pm
So it's in general recommended to just start @ 1st difficulty and perhaps try another run later on higher difficulty?

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:07 am
Cnome, this game is heavy unbalanced, so I can help you with the OP Strategy. There is no such thing as passed time, you can rest as many times as you want, you will not lose any event, much on the contrary, some events can be lost because you didn't rest enough before finishing X Main Quest. So you can abuse the rest.

On How to Level: If you are playing on the hardest difficulty, you will require a strategy to level up, that strategy involves Death Goo, an Army of them. Every time a Death Goo dies it deals massive damage to everything, thus allowing you to get some chests. Downside is you need to buy more of them every time. Eventually, after doing tons of Cleaning Quests, you should be able to fully deck yourself out with gear, once you hit about 30 Endurance, the first tier enemies should be dealing negligible damage to your main character. He will be the Tank.

The target is the Yellow Shadow, the one that comes with full Army, it gives the best EXP at the moment. Once you can safely continue, you will eventually get access to the Devil's Dungeon, this is where the unbalance happens, a lot of WEAK enemies that gives TONS of EXP. Here you can grind to level about 70. After this you should go to the Dragon Dungeon and kill them, you can level to 99 there.

On How to Build: Slashing deals by far the highest amount of Single and Horizontal damage, up to 1 shotting even Dragons. Magic deals the best AoE damage.

With the first 2 points of skill you should train Unlock, this will allow you to open the Boxes. The way you do this is, after you finish a dungeon, go to the Shop, save, identify everything using the Item Shop, since it's faster, see what item is worth more than 500, load, use the Unlock on those Boxes, sell the other ones.

First thing you should do is learn Magic, 5 points on Basic will allow you to learn Horizontal and Vertical Magic, 5 points on both of them will allow you to learn Advanced, this is a full AoE. That means you will spend 30 Talent Points to get to Advanced and another 40 to Max it. Once you have one maxed, you should get 10 points in Charisma, this will unlock 3 Team Buffs, they give +5 Str and Int; +5 End and Resist; +5 Speed.

After this you should upgrade Magic, for the extra 5 on Int. Now go back to Spells and learn all the other AoE, so you have at least 20 charges of AoE, this will allow you to wipe a whole Extermination quest.

Eventually you will want to get 5 points on Basic Slash, 5 on Horizontal, this will allow you to get the Single Target Slashing, max this.

On How to Setup Your Team: YOU are the core of the team, everything revolves around you, since your "Minions" will always suck, even on higher levels. You should position yourself alone on the Vanguard, because of how much Endurance you can get, you will always take minimal damage, the same can't be said from the minions. You should position on your column 2 Ents, they will give you +12 Int. You should also get a couple of healers, best is the Plant. For late game, you should be able to get Giants, that grant a nice Crit Chance buff.

On the Reserve you will want a Fairy (if you don't have Paper), a Rock (if you don't have Feather), a Blue Slime, a Red Slime, a Black Slime and a White Slime.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:00 am
I see, so the trick at the beginning is to use Death Goos. I should try that in my 2nd play. Also the info you gave on skill disturbition is very usefull.

Thanks for the info, Grandork.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:56 am
You won't need strategy on the 2nd time, since you can easily get a level 50 Dark Knight, he can single handily beat pretty much anything.

Also, one more thing, Scout Quest are by FAR the easiest way to get Rep. All you do is just walk back and forward until it finishes.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:37 am

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:50 am

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:08 pm
Fighting the Half Dragon and Kuvar on "Abandon All Hope!" difficulty is...interesting. They have AoE attacks that hit your entire party for 100-500 HP, depending on Endurance.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:54 am
does increased difficulty actually provide some form of bonus?

Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:16 am

No.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]