[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Bunny Black 2 Old Dev Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Bunny Black 2 Old Dev Thread 
Post Re: Bunny Black 2+ TL Status
I have finished an extremely cursory translation of the main gameplay obj files and as many of the exe strings as I could track down in about 30 minutes of poking at the most obvious places. I'm now going to translate... let's say about ~3,000 lines or up to the end of Pani's boss fight, whichever I reach first, probably the former. At that point, I'm going to release a trashy beta patch for testing purposes to detect and resolve the kinds of issues that were run into with BB1's release. I expect that to be in probably a couple weeks, depending on holiday stuff.

I DO NOT want to have to do the graphical interface work myself. Some of it has already been done, but the vast majority remains. The more of it I have to do myself, the less time I have for actual translating, so if you want to help, see the graphical work earlier in the thread and start filling in the gaps.

I do not have an answer for any of the technical issues raised so far in this thread either, nor any reason at this time to expect that they will be resolved before I finish translating. If you know anybody who can help do so, ask them to help. I'd prefer not to release this looking like ass, particularly after having to abandon one thing and having another fully translated game languish with a number of its own problems.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:26 pm
I'm going to renege on that a little bit due to script format. It's similar to BB1's, but a little harder to understand at a glance. There's only two main divisions of boxes of scripts, ev and in. In seems to be entirely for events triggered at Rakia's store. The ev boxes seem to be as follows:

ev0000-0800: Main plot events
ev1000-2700: Subcharacter specific questlines
ev2900-3200: Home/prison scenes
ev9000: Doujin scenes

This means it'll be really easy to translate by questline or plot thread, but difficult to balance things wellchronologically. For example, upon the completion/progressing through the ev0100 set of main plot events (Mari boss dungeon), most (all?) of ev2900 (all (?) 32 angel prison scenes) and part of 3100 (59 home scenes, covering the start to the very end of the game), as well as a number of different 'in' scripts becoming 'active' as you progress.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:03 am
The deeper I get into this, the worse my original idea seems. The 'home' scenes are basically impossible to easily decouple from the rest, and they comprise I'd estimate probably at least a third of the script and seem to be by and large not really locked behind plot events past the initial dungeon anyway. The ones that are tend to be off in their own files. I'm making good progress so far, so maybe I'll just lean extra hard on QC people whenever I finally unleash them. And since it looks like I'll be having to do most of the interface sans button cleaning myself, they're stuck waiting for that regardless. The system isn't nearly as complicated anyway, and patch bugs like enabling melee attacks from back rows are how BB2/3's combat works to begin with. There are a few skills that need to be carefully handled, but very few compare to BB1 and I know to be careful of them now.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:20 pm
All graphical work that I know about is contained in this thread.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:38 pm
OK, did most of the "etc", mixed it with tried42long, made a text with the ones I didn't do. This should speed stuff up for you. Hopefully someone can do the ones I couldn't (about 4 and their variants).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6fgq ... nFaSHBPbnM

-edit-

Silly me, forgot to change access, should be accessible now.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:01 am
Thank you. I was hoping for text as well since the vast majority is self-evident.

Perhaps my expectations were too high.

I'm still not touching any graphics myself until the script's done.

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:24 pm
Grandork, what exactly is need to be done with those icons or whatnot, delete every single Japanese character ? If it's just that i can do that.

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:25 am

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:56 am

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:32 am

Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Last edited by Kirashi on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:51 pm
Feel free to ask about specific things, although I haven't actually made up my mind on some things yet.

Most are pretty obvious if you check in game: Hire, Fire, Rename, Buy, Sell, Equip, HP, SP, Exp, Skill P, Atk, Def, Spd, Evd, Back, Cancel, etc etc etc.

And/Or just set up psds with filler text so I don't need to futz around with alignment on those big sheets. Especially with all those stupid button templates. The tools posted on tlwiki for graphics can be used to reinsert them and test.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 pm
i'm going to start redrawing these tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, i just want to confirm a few things first.

1. that every png file that is in the "chip and etc" folder has to be redrawn or cleaned.
etc folder
2. that the numbers in exs_b01 for exemple are ok as it is
3. that files like ext_b00 has to be cleaned as well (i mean the japanese characters not the bunny black 2 logo)
4. that files like exu1420, g999_a00, shop_f00 are ok as it is
chip folder
5. what's up with files like mm0000 ?
6. does opt_a00 and images like it has to be redrawn or cleaned as well ? (that's gonna be a pain in the ass)
7. what about files like bte_a01 ?

i don't really mind cleaning or redrawing all of them but i don't want to do something that it's not necessary, that would be stupid. Thanks for the reply in advance.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:17 pm
I haven't looked closely at stuff that's been done. Things should look consistent and some of their English text looks awful, but most looks more or less okayish. If the replaced text looks too different, then even English text (Save, Load, Log, etc) should be updated.

Yes, ext_b00 and similar needs text cleaned. Here's a package of BGs that show cover all those images.
bb/bg.rar
Also included is the generic pre-game thing that I'd just take the throne BG CG and make something in a similar style rather than try to clean that text up.

opt_a00 does need to have that stuff cleaned off it, or an equivalent made. The bg is here. The buttons actually on it (eg opt_c01), for BB1, I just erased the background on them and made them regular floating text.

Also, if you do start putting in text, don't align it to their placement. It should be .

Also there are a bunch of battle buttons (eg btl_e04 and see the combat screen on the previous page) for targeting and skill selection. That's text as image, and should really match the (currently awful and hopefully changed someday) 'regular' text.

I think that answers everything.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:48 pm
Thanks to some much appreciated technical help from Nagato, the double width renaming issue is taken care of.

He says he'll take a further look at the other wonky text later, but don't let that stop you if you think you know how to solve it.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:33 pm
Aroduc, should i leave the files in psd or png, also i wonder if its a problem if the modified png is occupying more space, for ex. instead of 5.5 its 20.1 k ?

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 am
I prefer psd, but unless you're including the text, it's largely irrelevant.

No.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:36 pm
Well, instead of waiting for un answer, I'll post here some of the translation for those willing to to image editing:

bte_a02 -> Heal (please check for this one)
bte_a03 -> defense
bte_a04 -> HP
btl_e01 -> attack
btl_e02 -> defense
btl_e02 -> free (please check this one)
btl_e05 -> change
btl_g00 -> all
btl_g01 -> front row
btl_g02 -> midle row
btl_g03 -> back row
btl_g06 -> free (same as btl_e02)
btl_g08 -> ally
btl_g09 -> left side
btl_g10 -> midle
btl_g11 -> right side
btl_j00 -> critical
btl_l00 -> front row (same as btl_g01)
btl_l01 -> midle row (same as btl_g02)
btl_l02 -> back row (same as btl_g03)
btl_l03 -> archive 1
btl_l04 -> archive 2
btl_l05 -> archive 3
btl_l06 -> 読込 -> reading? construe?
btl_l09 -> full free?
btl_l09 -> スペシュルギュンギュスカー -> I'm lost ><
cmp_b02 -> skill
btl_l10-> escape
btl_l11-> free target
cmp_b03-> rank
cmp_b04-> end of the break
dtp_a00 -> (from top in order):

Name
Class
lvl
HP
SP
Attack
Defense
Evade
Speed
Skill (available)

Special ability

dtp_b00 -> (from top in order)

Skill
Type
Offensive power
(効果) Effect (or element, couldn't find this image in game)

Please understand that I am not a native english speaker, so feel free to change my way of translation.

Edit: added more.

Last edited by Kirashi on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Aside from crashing when trying to import Japanese save data (which I'm classifying as not worth addressing), all known technical issues have been resolved thanks to Nagato.

Make sure you're grateful to him, but not in this thread.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:07 pm
for testing as promised. Update the game to official ver 1.02 first, although I don't know that it makes a difference.

See here and the readme included in the above for slightly more information:
http://tenka.seiha.org/2015/12/an-attem ... -mistakes/

Unless there are showstopping issues found, I will not be making any updates to this patch except to verify fixes to problems detected. I don't know of any at the moment besides text formatting, which I don't care about. Everything should be translated up to the castle hub.

If it's not translated, not part of an adv script, and it's not an image, it's something that needs to be fixed. Post a screenshot of the text.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next