View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Helpful Hints 
Post Helpful Hints
While there are healing units, Darx gets better healing spells than almost all of them and since he's the only one you can directly control, you'll want to him as your main healer. You need to raise both the single target and full party heals to level 10 to unlock the next levels of both.

Unlike other units, Darx gets revived for free at the end of every battle. He also has very good defense. Strongly consider putting him on the front line where he can soak up damage without worrying about the cost of 'revival.'

Strongly consider a multi-type weapon such as throwing daggers. Besides just having more options (especially for side/back attacks), because of how skills/usage works, it gives you a lot more special attack usage than focusing on one because usage grows very slowly with leveling weapon skills. Ranged is especially nice because it gets a skill that can hit everything.

Magic works too to accomplish the above, but Darx will be much weaker early on and his use will be fairly limited until he has enough skill usage to be able to constantly cast.

The skill that allows you to restore your formation is vital. Make sure you take enough levels of it to get enough uses to keep you out of trouble.

The only difference between the palette swaps in BB1 is their default level, so don't bother switching characters out when better ones are available to hire, but do be aware that there will be a difference between the enemy versions because they have different levels.

Status effects/skills are pretty useless and it's fairly rare for even enemies to use them.

Don't be afraid to just sell unopened chests. It's expensive to unlock them at the store. Alternatively, you can take the unlocking skill. That's pretty random and the cost of getting it wrong is usually worse than just paying to have it unlocked, but you can save scum to see what the traps are so you don't incur even more expenses. You can also freely rest to restore your usages.

It's definitely worth it to invest early on in the Command skill. Besides letting you use more/stronger units, at level 10, it unlocks skills that buff the entire party's attack/defense.

If you have extra command/money, recruit units with useful minimap abilities (Orienteering, Extra-Cautious, etc) and put them in reserve. They won't gain levels, but you'll still get to use their abilities.

Jobs with red posters are mandatory to continue the game. Multiple plotlines will run parallel. As long as you have enough Renown, you can enter and leave a dungeon (without completing a job) to continue on to the next scenes queued up.

There's no punishment for leaving a dungeon with a job undone. It will just continue where you left off when you next enter the dungeon. Especially mandatory jobs may have a bit of a difficulty jump, so just leave and heal up if it's too tough to handle.

While they're not marked on the map, secret doors exist and enemies will use them. They come in both 2-way and 1-way varieties.

Holding Ctrl is frequently a shortcut for various gameplay things. eg clicking on a skill while holding Ctrl buys the next level of it.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:00 pm
Post Re: Helpful Hints
http://chaosmemo.net/bunnyblack/

Oh, and here's a wiki with a buttload of maps and other useful things.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:36 pm
Just figured I'd add my two cents here, since I've been playing this non-stop since release. Maybe I love demons and this kind of villainous protagonist, but I've enjoyed this the most of all your Translations Arudoc. Though, BBA absorbed me in it's amazing gameplay a bit more, I think. Big thank you for your hard work!

I've only gotten to the rank of Dungeon Mid-Boss right now, so I'd say around halfway through. That being said, I'm at my 80's in terms of levels. I won't include any spoilers, DW, but keep in mind that some of my advice may be null and void by the time you reach higher ranks and are in late game. You'll probably be prepared and learned by then, anyway.

- Play on a harder difficulty. This might seem like nonsense, since Bunny Black is hard enough at normal. Only at first, though. You will realize that it will get easier and easier as time goes by. I played on the second to top option and I'm steamrolling the game now, and I have a suspicion I'm not supposed to be this high level. The game is somewhat broken.

- Grind early game. You need cash to get high endurance and a good weapon. Don't worry, you won't need to be constantly getting cash for new items, they unlock slowly.

- Sell all your magic boxes right after a dungeon, then go rest. You'll stop getting magic boxes when your inventory is full. Not good.

- Consider making Darx a tank. Seriously. No, seriously. If you put Darx as the only character on the front line then all you need to worry about is multi-hit attacks and ranged attacks. The downside to this is your intelligence will likely take a dive, making your magic not as useful.

- Make Darx a healer. This is practically required. Your game will either be broken in your favor or their favor without manual healing. There is no better healer than Darx, and you need a healer. There are, actually, practically no competent healers in BB.

- Your Party AI is annoying. They will not use optimal skills at optimal times, which Is why I said go ahead and make yourself a healer. Make sure that you have melee characters in the middle row, and magic character in the back row.

- There's barely any need to swap out party members. One set will do you for a great deal of the game. As they level up, they get new skills and higher stats.

- The frozen dungeon is the best place to level up fast when you get it. But, you will need multi-heal FOR SURE. Look for gold mobs, and you'll be getting several level up's at once.

- The Demon Lair free dungeon will shoot you all the way up into your near hundred levels. Dodge most mobs until the last floor, though. Also keep in mind that there is NO teleport out.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:41 am
If you get 5 levels of warp magic, you can get teleport, which moves you anywhere you've been (great for rushing to the final floor of the demon dungeon). A few levels in teleport and you can get the spell to warp you out of the dungeon at any point. I was smacking myself for not figuring it out earlier. Though, I was pretty overleveled when I got them; I'm not sure if you'll have the spare skill points for them earlier on.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]