View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 So is BunnyBlack 3 TL dropped? 
Post Re: So is BunnyBlack 3 TL dropped?
I didn't really mean to shut out everything and/or force people to do unneeded work. I was (and admittedly, still am) a little... unhappy with things, to put it mildly.

Here's a pack of (I think) all the tools used on Bunny Black 2.
bb_tools.rar

I did some quick spot test on them ages ago, and believe they should work for BB3 as well. I can't speak for other SHChara games, but I believe they've been tested on some.

A quick summary from my memory of what's used for what:

ALDExplorer2
For images. GUI based, so should be pretty easy to figure out. Source included. Chip/Etc are the image packs

WizardsClimberDecrypt
Script extract/replace tool. Also GUI. (50 char/4 line limit). Use on Box. Note that some files may contain gameplay initializations (eg Darx's starting stats), and the zz* scripts are specifically for the Gallery. ie Most of them are copy-pasted from other in-game-proper scripts, but may have slightly different internal control stuff.

arc_conv
Generic VN unpacker. Use on obj.vfs to get a raw unpacking of the files (prompts for file via gui when run)

CharaObjConv
Obj file unpacker/packer. Run with '-extract' on obj folder as extracted by arc_conv to create editable files. Run with '-merge' on obj folder to reintegrate edited txt files back into the objs.

exetextpatcher.exe
This requires an 'exepatchconfig.txt' and a 'clean' exe in the same directory. I included the BB2 files for comparison. There are certain values that need to be specified in the config file (VirtualOffset, WriteTextAt, OutputVirtual) and I *THINK* that some prep may need to be done on the exe itself, but I honestly don't know, nor how to specify what those values need to be. Editable text in the exe is plainly readable with a hex editor. The address where the text begins and the replacement text needs to be supplied. There's A LOT of plaintext, but most is debug or internal only. I've had someone scrape all text with addresses for BB1 and BB2, not searched for the text as I found it. I don't know how to do that myself. An '*' needs to be placed before the line for certain entries. I believe it has to do with reuse in different contexts, but don't remember well.

Side note: I wrote up some stuff on the pitfalls of editing obj files and the exe here. Be VERY careful when you do so, because it can have weird side effects. Remember that the edited obj folder needs to be copied to the game directory, and the original obj.vfs needs to be removed/renamed.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:12 pm
Aroduc wrote:
I didn't really mean to shut out everything and/or force people to do unneeded work. I was (and admittedly, still am) a little... unhappy with things, to put it mildly.

Do you mean that experience with Sekai project ?

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:48 am
The Idol in the Mirror
Don't know if this board is dead or not, but here goes...

upcastdrake wrote:
https://twitter.com/upcastdrake/status/828376232756707328
The text looks pretty readable to me. Played around with the .dlls a little.

Although there's still the issue with modifying the .agf files. I looked into the source for the extractor tool and tried playing around with it, but it seems like the structure of some of BB3's .agf files are quite different to the old ones. Different magic numbers, and then even if I hardcoded the magic number check it would error trying to process them. The actual tool that does the processing is written in assembly too and has little/no documentation. On top of .agf being a very obscure filetype that I'm led to believe is in-house so there is no documentation, it doesn't look too promising.

I'm not sure if you (or Aroduc) was aware of this, but asmodean actually made a tool to unpack (though it does not repack) the graphics-bearing .vfs files as bitmaps:
http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/exvfs.html

Might be a good starting point for someone who can read the C++ source code (which is included in what asmodean has released), at least?

For example, unpacking bmap.vfs produces these:

Would love to see Bunny Black 3 translated, but definitely understand that it's a royal pain in the ass, having dabbled with VN translation previously myself.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:32 pm
shoujoq wrote:
Don't know if this board is dead or not, but here goes...

upcastdrake wrote:
https://twitter.com/upcastdrake/status/828376232756707328
The text looks pretty readable to me. Played around with the .dlls a little.

Although there's still the issue with modifying the .agf files. I looked into the source for the extractor tool and tried playing around with it, but it seems like the structure of some of BB3's .agf files are quite different to the old ones. Different magic numbers, and then even if I hardcoded the magic number check it would error trying to process them. The actual tool that does the processing is written in assembly too and has little/no documentation. On top of .agf being a very obscure filetype that I'm led to believe is in-house so there is no documentation, it doesn't look too promising.

I'm not sure if you (or Aroduc) was aware of this, but asmodean actually made a tool to unpack (though it does not repack) the graphics-bearing .vfs files as bitmaps:
http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/exvfs.html

Might be a good starting point for someone who can read the C++ source code (which is included in what asmodean has released), at least?

For example, unpacking bmap.vfs produces these:

Would love to see Bunny Black 3 translated, but definitely understand that it's a royal pain in the ass, having dabbled with VN translation previously myself.

I literally made an account for this comment, and still curious, is there any chance this translation will be continued ?

Sorry if I'm quoted you, cz the newest post in 2018 just you and me I guess, and everyone dissapear. :(

Im honestly want it to be continued.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 am
The Idol in the Mirror
drfrost wrote:
I literally made an account for this comment, and still curious, is there any chance this translation will be continued ?

I'm not Aroduc, so I have no idea, but I hope so.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 pm
Well it's Jan 23
Almost 5 years since the part 3 has been released...
the series was amazing and i was really hoping to be able to play part 3
can anything be done?
i'm very addictive about the combination between VNS and RPG though...
Hopefully someone will translate this for us :(
Thank you Aroduc for your effort till now :)

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:32 pm
The Idol in the Mirror
Nedvin wrote:
Well it's Jan 23
Almost 5 years since the part 3 has been released...
the series was amazing and i was really hoping to be able to play part 3
can anything be done?
i'm very addictive about the combination between VNS and RPG though...
Hopefully someone will translate this for us :(
Thank you Aroduc for your effort till now :)

Well, I would be willing to translate the texts for it, but someone else would have to do the technical side, since fixing the text spacing and altering the graphics is beyond my knowledge.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:25 pm
upcastdrake wrote:
I'm not working on this since reverse-engineering the .agf files and making a new extractor tool sounds like a very large undertaking. The partial config menu translation and spacing fix for the dialogue text can be found here if anyone wants to take a crack at it: https://github.com/upcastdrake/BB3TL

upcastdrake, I've tried your dlls to fix the line spacing but I got a crash. I'm guessing the dlls are version specific and don't work on version 1.10 of the game. Can you make one for version 1.10?

I'm going to be doing a interface patch for BB3 after a few days. I've already tested packing in image files and it worked okay so far (translated options menu).

I kinda got addicted to translating the interface as I'm playing the novels now, it's more enjoyable. I just did a Maken no Noroi interface patch, and Ryouichi Kizoku. And have translated the materials/items of Akuma no Kanban musume and some of the menus of daisounan, both that I plan to release sometime later.

Edit: item edit apparently does not have double spaces and looks good 'out of the box'. So I did it. I'll post a thread with the files now.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:19 pm
I'm working on translate bunny black 3

I already complete translate pro.box/ac0000.box/bo0000.box/bo1100.box/bo1200.box

1. Problem EventFace not apear is FIXED :!:
2. Problem video crash in prologe is FIXED :!:

I need volunteers for translate / editing / spelling checks
to be able to work on this translation faster :) :) :)

this my email if you wanna help me translate BB3 dialoge (jokerlizer77@gmail.com/jokerlizer78@gmail.com)

PS: if anyone wants to donate it is also very helpful

this my translate work if you wanna look
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obtglt9eox0ush4/AAAcL2lvvSAVNmgKHFHawoDPa?dl=0

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2