[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Playing not in full screen?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Playing not in full screen? 
Post Playing not in full screen?
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to play the game in a window instead of full screen.
Since I could not find the option in the config panel, is there a way to force it in a window?

Thank you

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 am
Post Re: Playing not in full screen?
But it is in the config panel. Look harder!

You need to be in 16-bit color mode for it to work though.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 am
You are right, I completely missed it.

Thank you, but now the problem is how to switch to 16-bit

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:35 am
You can start the game in window mode by using D3DWindower.
It's a small utility, partially translated even.
Worked fine with many old games, like one of the mirror-moon releases? but in Duel Savior you need to somehow reconfigure it - by default, it starts and shows video, has sound, but just a blank white screen.
If I find out how to fix it, I'll surely tell you.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 am

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 am

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 pm
Even if you can get video to display, D3D Windower doesn't work with Baldr Force and Duel Savior and they won't accept input properly.

Let me just state definitively that there is no way to play the games windowed period without setting your machine to 16 bit color, short of playing them in a VM.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 pm
I don't understand why people are so opposed to temporarily setting 16 bit color. It's not that hard.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 am
It's pretty damn annoying switching every time you want to play.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 am
Okay, that's not hard, but... Is there a way to automatically change ColorDepth by means of, for example, windows registry (some .bat or .reg)?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 pm
It's not really hard to change it to Windows 7 16 Bits, but to be honest why making it like that.
It doesn't really change much at your computer thought every time I play it I do at windows mode.

Reason?
You can't just alt tab while you are in-game if you thinking about going with a walkthrought.
Believe me it will be more annoying to shut down the game to check walkthrought every time.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:21 am
Got a problem with the game.

Installed the game, put the patch into the folder as told and started the game with the exe (the one with the space inbetween).

the game startet, intro video played but then the screen goes white, sound is still there, and if i move my mouse i can hear a sounds that should be the cursor that is going over the choices (such as starts/konfig or whatever there is).

someone else got this problem or maybe even an fix?

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:21 pm
So, no way to make it so it automatically switches to 16bit when you launch the game?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]