[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Direct Draw Crash
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Direct Draw Crash 
Post Direct Draw Crash
Every time I start the game it immediately crashes with a DirectDraw error. After a painful amount of research and trying various solutions (which didn't work), I believe I have found the cause. DirectDraw was depreciated in Windows 8. I believe (this is only speculation) Windows 8 is trying to emulate the software, but that's simply not compatible with this game. I've searched far and wide, but I haven't found a solution that has worked. Which is why I'm asking for help.

Does anybody know a hot fix, a workaround, or even a better idea of what's causing the problem? I've been trying to fix it every morning before I make breakfast for two weeks now, but for the first time in ages, even Google has failed me.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm
Post Re: Direct Draw Crash
The game does not work on Windows 8. The workaround is installing a VM and playing it in that.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:09 am
I understand that it won't work (normally) on Windows 8, which is why I'm asking for information. If I can properly identify the issue, then I believe that I can find a solution to it. Using a VM to play it just seems like a lot of unnecessary work, not to mention that many people who want to play the game probably aren't tech-smart enough to get one working. It would be better to discover a less cumbersome workaround, and if we could find it, I'm sure it will help a lot of other people down the line when Windows 8 gets released officially.

P.S. I've had a go playing it on my other computer, and I must say, this game is quite fun.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:40 pm
There is no workaround. Microsoft deprecated the required features to play the game with Windows 8.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:16 am
Even if you say it's impossible, I'm inclined to still search for a solution, because there's one out there. I've just got to find it/create it first. There's no reason to make your statement a third time, as I read it the first two. If you find a solution to the issue, please remember to post it here.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:38 pm
Oh, there is a solution, it just requires hacking the game to use 32 bit directx calls for all the graphics and such.

Too bad we already tried to get people to do this and it's virtually impossible without the game's source code.

So yeah.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Post Direct Draw Crash
i used the direct x diagnostic tool and when i tested direct draw the bouncing box did not appear in the full screen mode.<BR>the is stopping me playing games like unreal tournment.<BR>how can i fix this?

;-)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]