View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 save file question 
Post save file question
ok so i want to take a save file from my laptop, and move it onto my pc. but just an individual save, not the entire folder
but im not sure if doing this will ruin the data on the pc (the pc has all of my other playthroughs/cg saves/read text*)

has anyone tried this? is it safe?

alternatively i wouldnt mind replacing the pc file with the laptop file (as i will be replaying all 3 routes again, doing hardmode runs this time round)
so cgs will come naturally but i would need a way to take "read text" from the pc file and put it into the new save as i will be skipping thru text and dont want to miss anything i have not read ( i still havnt finished the lolis route)

im thinking read text may be in the RT.BAK or RT.DAT but havnt tested this yet since it may also have unwanted data mixed with it.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Post Re: save file question
Transferring a single save slot is easy - just copy the SAVE###.DAT/STH files, rename them if neccessary. (actually, STH files hold thumbnails that you see in the save/load window)
CG/replays, unlocked dictionary entries and game-completion save are stored in SAVE.DAT.
To transfer read text, overwriting RT.DAT may work. Although there is little point in doing so - it's not like you can't skip unread text. You can keep the original PC file around in case something goes wrong.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:10 am
but could anything bad happen to overall save data if i transfer over a file that thinks its on its first playthru to save data thats completed NG+?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:30 am

No, it should be the same as if you finished NG+ and then started a new game without any NG+ options.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:36 am
no because armor enhancements can only have one stat.
im just being paranoid but ill start a fresh game to ease my mind of any worries about the save data messing up
thanks anyways :)

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]