View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Characters are pretty weak? 
Post Characters are pretty weak?
Hey guys, just started playing and I need some help
I'm trying to look over the internet about wil's attack but no luck.
I'm currently @ chapter 3 and I still got only 1 type of attack, the normal one
Is this normal?
Also, all my chars only hit for 1 hp against bosses like rocktoise even though some of char's level are doubled.
And the bosses damage hurts like hell, chars are dead after 2 phases, attack, defense, dead... :(
Is this normal as well?
Thanks in advance

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Post Re: Characters are pretty weak?
Will does not get any attack skills, except ones granted by weapons. Although in later game, even his regular attack packs quiet a punch.
And a boss is supposed to be a boss. In the case of the rocktoise, you can make use of elemental affinities (it's weak to Serawi's wind magic) and Cover skill.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:20 pm
Hmm okay, I still couldn't manage to beat any of the bosses yet lol even if my char levels are doubled except the one @ bat tunnel, exploiting the heal lol
Also, can someone give me a suggestion which characters are worth leveling?
Thanks again

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:42 pm
level all of them or you will end up missing things. deadbeat dungeon is a nice place to quickly level anyone you have been ignoring.

and make sure to level up the clothes you make, serawi's fire clothes have some op range abilities and with then she becomes your best sniper/defender

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:55 pm
But when finishing deadbeat, I got that "shame" title lol, pretty funny actually xD
Sorry for not making this clear, I'll be leveling all my chars but which ones are decent for fights?
Because some people said that certain characters are pretty useless and weak especially in first playthrough before getting their items
Thanks

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 am

Not to worry I had the same issues with things like the Rocktoise on my first game, just cos its got high defence and projectile defence skill makes things like Serawi's wind magic useless except at point black range. With creatures that hit quite hard I would recommend making use of cover and guardian skills as it is possible to have one character 'guarded' for all 3 attacks, altho Im not sure you would have the 'guardian' skills yet at that stage :o
Im at the end of a NG+ atm and I can say that Will is prolly my toughest character and hits the hardest without the use of Prevail or weapon skills, so don't worry too much about him :) I also almost always have him with a shield equipped. There r some characters that I find too weak tho, not so much they arent useful in the first game but in a NG+ characters like Aht that are suppose to be 'tough' really aren't due to not havin high enough def and no survival skills like prevail. As much as I like Melo she also often needs help (with things like cover) to survive attacking in melee and Crayl has trouble dealing decent dmg due to lowish STR, however this is helped a bit by getting skills like Flurry :)

Keep at it, tis still a fun and addictive game/visual novel imo :)

...Now if only I could find a way to survive my first trip to Advent Bay/Pagan Seal... :O

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:23 am
And as the ancient creed states, if all else fails, CHEAT!

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:28 am
I might be to late to the party here, but this should not be a problem if you are makeing new equipment and armors for your girls when you can and are always holding alot of potions with you as the potion useage in this game is limitless. And also useing the saveing system to your advantage is nice to do.
-Loffah

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]