[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Artifacts and a few other questions
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Artifacts and a few other questions 
Post Artifacts and a few other questions
Ok, so firstly, i want to thank everyone that contributes here because they have made my life VASTLY easier.... There is a few things i just wanted to know that maybe you guys will have the answer to, i did try a bit to search for it and i have in the past read through many many many of the threads on here but these questions seem a little bit more obscure.

I am on NG++ and i clearly keep missing a hell of a lot of stuff... Doing Sewali's route currently.

Firstly, i just finally got Wil's Artifact, i'd like to know exactly what it does, because "Peerless Alchemist" just says - Adventurer - Interdementionaly and "Special Skill"... So what is "special skill"? Also, why does his suck compaired to Serwali's =(. Why would i use this instead of putting on a bracelet that gives him Prevail III?

Secondly, Is there a good way to farm the artifacts? Does having Fuls Mill and Tear on help at all? it does seem to me that the drops are... random and i'm not geting the +2 or +3 drops from the person that has Mil and Tear equiped.

Thirdly, i know there is ranks past Grandmaster. What is the requirements to get there, from what i read, i believe its basically just having Asmodeus with you so you get the quest for the 500 kills? This did not occure to me on my NG+ mode. What is the Breakpoint on that when you can no longer get this quest, as i am on chapter 8 currently and from my understanding you cannot get Asmodeus until chapter 8 at the earliest because getting her requires the dragon to be on your party and he wont join until chapter 8.

I am sorry as i bet there are answers to these questions somewhere in the posts, i know that the Useful tips thread does have partial answers but i dont think they were specific enough. If anyone could shed some light on this for me? i would be eternally grateful =D. Thanks.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:17 pm
Post Re: Artifacts and a few other questions

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Mmmmm ok.

The first question wasnt really answered as i posted what was in the skills section already.

Second question i dont really want to use save scumming but ok, i suppose that really answered that anyways.

third, ... really not sure how i hell i missed that in my First NG+ i did have all thos requirements met in the epilogue <ch 9> and i did not see it.

Magnus would be easy enough as Wil already has 500+ kills in my third playthrough, the only thing stopping me would be not acheiving Meister. I am curious what stopped me from getting it in my first NG+... ah well. i'll try it again in this one.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

1). For Wil's artifact.
It gives Peerless Alchemist which means you get the Adventurer/Interdimentional skills.
[Special Skill] is just the class of skill. eg. Combat Skill, Attack, Holy Attack, etc.
So with Adventurer you get Lockpick, Search and Mine. With Interdimentional you get Flight and Teleport.
So basically Peerless Alchemist gives you 5 normal skills.

2). Farming the artifacts does take time.
The monsters you kill have a low drop rate which is why even with the Mil and Tears you only typically get 1 or 2 items.
Then the artifacts also have a low probability making it even harder.
Advent Bay - Pagan Seal is even worse because there are only 2 Pale Riders and they don't respawn.
I found that for farming the artifacts, it was easier to first clear the map and if lucky get the artifacts I was after.
Then you can redo the map, taking you time and targeting the monsters you want when you know the layout.

3). Ranks
Grand Master (rank 9)
Meister (rank 10) - Expand the 4 areas at Home to Level 10. Phinilly, Mylen and Asmodeus recruited. Become Lord.
Magnus (rank 11) - Completion of Quest 148 (Training) - the Wil 500 kill quest. Gives the ultimate recipe.

Note: Asmodeus joins on completion of Quest 90.
Requires Quest 87 (Devil in the Ruins - Chapter 8 start), Quest 88 & Quest 89 complete.
You need to have completed Quest 86 (Regroup and Reinforce) before that sequence starts.
So for Meister, apart from Phinilly and Mylen you need to have recruited:
Aht, Suina, Crayl, Uya, Melodiana, Crayanne, Kohakuren, Elizasleyn, Paraskevas, Gaptahl and Ragsmuena.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:25 pm
Right ok i'm an idiot on that [Special Skill] thing... it just seems to me that Wils Artifact compaired to Serawi's whom is the only other one i have... SUCKS haha. Maybe its because i'm not meister or Magnus but ... Wil's good skills are Double Action - Adventurer ... and thats about it. So since the artifact makes him not have to have adventurer... it really just leaves him with a plethora of useless skills hah...

As i already said, this IS NG++... as in my third playthrough, i do of course have Aht, Suina, Crayl, Uya, Melodiana, Crayanne, Kohakuren, Elizasleyn, Paraskevas, Gaptahl and Ragsmuena, i did mention i had Asmodeus from my 2nd playthrough.

I did do a bit of resurch afterwards again, it seems as tho i did not get Meister rank as my second playthrough i decided to do with Emilita and with her playthrough it is apparently very easy to not get Wils Meister rank upgrade because of all of the other scenes taht take place OVER TOP of it.... As certain sceans will overlap...

Example...

I had Serwali at 99 with her Artifact, the only scene i could see in order to continue the storyline at the end of chapter 8, was the one to transmog her to level 1. Which i didnt want to do. Once i removed the fountain of youth, i could then see the scene with her to advance to chapter 9...

Something similar would of happened in Chapter 9 on my 2nd playthrough with Emilita, which caused me to see an "end game" scene instead of my meister upgrade scene... but since i had to do the end game scene and it... in fact... ended the game? i could not get my upgrade <yes getting Asmodeus into my group WAS like the LAST FREAKING thing i did in the game>.

Anyways. I did try to say that this was my third playthrough and i did ask for super specific answers, from what my case what, it looks like it was just really bad timing.

Thank you for trying to solve my problems, the answer i really was looking for towards the meister promo was "do i in fact have to be in chapter 9 before i can do it" to which the answer is yes. and as for the Magnus' well... gotta be meister first ;).

Artifacts - Yes sucks to farm.

Wils Artifact?... sucks imo... i just hope that maybe he gets some new and better skills when he becomes Meister or Magnus. Compairing the 2 artifacts i have Serwali's and Wils... i just assumed all were as epic as her's was.

Thanks guys.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Actually you didn't say you had Asmodeus, just that you thought you need her which is why I mentioned it just in case.

You do need to be a little careful of which events are Quest related and which are storyline.
I missed some things on my first few playthrough's because I didn't know what I was doing. (who did?)

Wil gets no skills at Meister, he get 3 at Magnus.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]