[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Kamidori Main Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Kamidori Main Thread 
Post Re: Kamidori 1.0c: Last Update 4/3
Bar event, where everyone is worked up because Wil has Yuela around:

The old man greets her from behind me. He also nods to Yuela behind me.

Okay, how is this? Tian greets and nods to Yuela? Then, "Yuela behind me" shouldn't be there because you're repeating it from the first sentence. But then again, it's kind of weird to greet someone and to nod to them later. So, is it this?
> The old man greets me from behind. He also nods to Yuela behind me.

Event where Wil becomes lord, when he's talking to the 2 little girls:

Wil: "You're as polite as always."

as polite as always > polite as always, the first "as" is unneeded.

Same event, moving to Yuela and the Disguised Ninja:

Yuela: "I know what you plan. Go back to and tell the shogun that Moon returns what she borrowed."

Go back to > Go back.

Yuela: "Sister... Do you know why our parents took their own lives? Did you betray us to protect a fool like me...?"

Do > Did.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:49 am

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:54 am
In the first Crayanne scene, she says her nectar is flowing out. But netcar comes from the males, and honey comes from the females. Then later on, it changes to Honey.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:19 am
Serawi, her I go.
>here

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 am
Reporting this just in case:

Fallen Angel Bow
Uses the strength of a fallen angel
[ Bow | Lv S]SP Regen II

Lv S] > Lv S ]

Chapter 9, Yuela's sex scene:

Yuela: "Mmm... Today, let me."

let me > let me do it.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 am
Wow, I had this in my furniture list for my room for so long and never realized the mistake there. Especially since I messed around w/ beds so much.

Anyways, Splendid Bed gives two clerks, but the tooltip says it gives one.

Splendid Bed

Practical and comfortable
[ Room ] +1 Clerk

+1 -> +2

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:18 pm
Anastasia quest item is called Fluffy Straw in its name and recipe, but "warm straw given" in the status message.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:53 am

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am
Servalwi route... Chapter 7

Stout Alchemist
"They've given work to me too. It's going to be a big proect. I'm looking forward to a rare chance like this."

"proect" -> project

Surprised spell check didn't catch that one.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am
gothic scene:
Now its your yurn, Yuela.
yurn>turn

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 am
Scene where Wil goes to Zof-Retol to have a look on Disnafrody's army:

Wil: "So in terms of military strength, it'll be at least twice this."

twice this > twice of this.

Event at bar, after fighting off Disnafrodian troops near Yuidora:

Tanned Alchemist: "Hahaha! What's this drunk think he's saying?"

What's > What does.

Event at the manor, when Wil is alone with Yuela because everybody else are late:

Wil: "That reminds me, remember back when we first me? You mistook me for a black market alchemist."

we first me > we first met.

Yuela route epilogue:

Uya: (This world after so long... Was it time well spent?)

it > the.

But even after they knew, they didn't accept going. No, they pleaded to be allowed to go.

accept going > refuse going.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:36 am
Only "we first me" is wrong. Stop reporting things that aren't errors.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:49 pm
Is that so? Then, tell me how it is that it's wrong?

First, I think it's "twice of this" when talking about quantity. Never heard "twice this", but well, here I have my doubts too. If the translation is correct anyway, then he can just ignore it.

Second, it's "What does this drunk think he's saying?". If it was "what is", then you should put +ing on the next verb, making it "What is this drunk thinking he's saying?" (this is correct too). So, that one is obviously wrong.

Fourth one, "Was it time well spent?"... If you have a pronoun in that specific question, you can't add a noun next to it. Uya is asking if something was well spent, and that would be the time. The word "time" wasn't mentioned before, so saying "it" would rather be confusing, cause it could mean anything logical under "spent". The only thing "it time" would be okay is if: "Was it time to + do something?", but hey, you should know that "to" isn't part of that question.

Last one. It's a contradiction. Let's see. First, it's saying that some alchemists of Yuidora didn't accept the offer to go to the new city Wil was planning to build in Disnafrody as part of the deal for peace. But then, it's saying that they pleaded to be allowed to go to build the new city. Contradiction. If you change "accept" to "refuse", that sentece would make more sense.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:14 pm
I'm guessing English is not your first language.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:01 pm
"What does" --> "What's" is a valid (colloquial? might be American English only) contraction.

"Time well spent" is itself a set phrase with its own specific contexts for usage; don't break it up into parts. "Was it time well spent" is correct.

"Twice this" is a bit colloquial but fine.

American English, destroyer of worlds.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 pm
1. The project obviously was and always will be in American English (in every way) as the translator is American. If you don't like it you're welcome to not read it.

2. Nothing other than outright errors are going to be fixed at this point so there's no point arguing editing decisions.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:20 am
Serawi Route...
Chapter 8 - testing the fire armor sex scene.

Serawi
"More! Pease burn me more! Aaahn! Burn us both up together!"

Pease -> Please

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:49 am
Elder Mano buying part. two errors in it, If you decline to pay, much like my first reported thing, Tian is the one that says this line,
Tian: It's a little to expansive. I'll be back once I have more cash to spare.
First off, the obvious, expansive should be expensive. Second off, why is Tian saying he will be back when he has the money when he is selling it to Wil. Anyway, minor weirdness here.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 am

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:11 am
Refuse to go sounds right then - "They didn't refuse to go". Sounds better then refuse going anyways.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:04 pm
There is a typo in the Append 2.0 quest where the random boy is asking you to make him dolls.

Wil says:

Got it. I'll get htem ready. Can you wait a little while?

Where it should be:

Got it. I'll get them ready. Can you wait a little while?

Thank you so much for translating this by the way. I love you.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next