[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Stuck on chapter 5 (Yuela) "Talk to your friends"
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Stuck on chapter 5 (Yuela) "Talk to your friends" 
Post Stuck on chapter 5 (Yuela) "Talk to your friends"
Can't seem to progress past where I am in my NG+, had no such problems on my first playthrough (Which was Emelita)

Anyway, info->Mission says "Talk to your friends": "To know more about Yuela you need to know more about the east. Talk to your friends, maybe you'll learn something."

However, no one is available to talk to. I've already completed her sword (Since it's NG+, store level is 10 and evaluation is 21735; so more than enough).

Under Info->Quest I have the following open:
* Clean Lake Shisetika (#29)
* Crayl's supplement (41#)
* Promise with an Angel (52#)
* Investigate the creature (64#)
* Substitute Shells (#65)
* Regroup and Reinforce (#86)
* Automatic Broom (#92)
* Soulseal Staff (#107)
* Shipwreck (#109)

For more or less all of those (aside from shipwreck), I'm fairly sure I can't progress further until the next chapter (??)- but if I'm wrong please tell me how to progress in them.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:32 am
Post Re: Stuck on chapter 5 (Yuela) "Talk to your friends"
Did you carry over your character levels?

If not, make sure your characters are at the minimum required level to advance (see in the tips/tricks/useful information thread)

If you did keep their levels, look anyway, as maybe there are different requirements for the different storylines.

Or maybe you could try getting the Eushully characters with you (the Automatic Broom quest).

The quest says talk to your friends, but in a NG+, you have more friends than you did in the first playthrough. It's possible those count.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:38 am

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:53 am
I've found the cause for this problem. Basically, I have 1 quest available in the plaza to go kill a level 90 (Erdgeist) which I simply can not yet do (Can't do more damage than he regenerates health).

Below this quest... I a quest to talk to yuela. Guess I'll just have to grind to hell and back until I'm high enough level to kill him... Or get bored of doing that and fail the quest.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:51 am
There is a tactic that I would advice to you:
Choose 2 (or more) characters that have the most attack power and have combination attack from your team. Have Erdgeist or other difficult monster take place that let you surround him.
Now let's take Yuela, Serawi and Wil for example. Yuela and Wil will be attackers and Serawi will be defender. Placement of units will look somewhat like this:
W S
E Y
Now the fun begins. Equip Serawi with both Yuela's and Wil's Guardian. That will protect them a little in case of Erdgeist turn. Equip both Yuela and Wil with respective Guardian skills, combination attack and skills boosting attack power (if someone have Double Action, then in first turn have it equiped, and in second change it for other skill). You'll need to prapare some Ether Potions, because combination attack draws SP from both characters. It worked quite good for me.
Of course characters here were only an example, so you need to chose ones from your team that would work best. Guardian skills are helpful though, especially when monster have low hp (prevail is deadly skill).

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:17 am

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:07 am
/facepalm

Ah Goctionni I see you are still looking for that elusive Red Giant Skin. In retrospect i'll remember not to reference a mob you may never have seen before. It really was my bad.

You won't ever find a Cave Troll spawning from a portal in Monster Nest. Treasure Puttetos spawn at the beginning of the map, meaning it might be initially there but it won't spawn from a portal. The Cave Troll on the Monster Nest is the same in that regard. So in order to find him you save, load up the map (don't bother deploying) look around and if you see him go murder his face off. If you do not, then reload and try again.

I think you need to be at a higher chapter for Crayl's thing btw.

Sorry about all that.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 pm
Ah, thanks for that bit of information. I'll see if that helps :)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:14 pm
They are furniture, giving no merit.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:39 am

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:55 am
Nope, the last reward from this chain is Clothesline, which is a spear with 40 str, -3 speed, wind element and Intimidate II.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:35 am

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:31 am
By last quest in this chain I mean quest number 117, where you kill Quetzalcoatl

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:45 am
Managed to kill Erdgeist after I got Yuela to 70 :)

Is QUetzalcoatl much more difficult than Erdgeist?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:24 am
In my opinion he's waaaay easier. Actually, I killed him before he could even attack me (Serawi and her 9 range skill).

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:44 am

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]