View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Setup error 
Post Setup error
i set my locale to japanesse and restarted my computer then after pressed the setup button in the folders for the main game and it keeps on coming like this http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... titled.png
i pressed autorun the same thing pops up can anybody help me?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 am
Post Re: Setup error
Methinks you need to get your windows cd out so you can get the regional languages setup.You're missing a japanese font I believe since all the japanese characters are showing up as ?'s.

That error if you google refers to a missing .msi file. I'm assuming it can't find the msi file because it's looking for the file in Japanese and not finding it since you don't have a japanese font.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:45 am
i do not ahve a windows cd for regional language setup and ive went to control panel and went to the region and then clicked on format then changed it to jappanese and restarted my computer

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 am
Which version of Windows are you running?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:10 am
Hmm... xp definately asks you to put in the windows cd for additional language packs.

Perhaps installing a japanese font from microsoft would work. Check Microsoft's main website for a japanese font maybe?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:41 am
i am running in windows 7 home premium and went to control panel and went to region and language and changed the format to jappanese and restarted my computer still pops that error up

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 pm
Well, you're definately running a japanese locale, I think you need a font for the japanese letters to show up though. I'm unsure how I got mine personally which is why i suggested you look for one on the Microsoft Website.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:23 pm
i searched for the language pack it says it only supports xp and there was none that supported windows 7

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 pm
Windows 7 should have eastern font support in the basic installation now, it shouldn't need any extra installed.

Also, bear in mind there is a difference between

and
locale: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37207996/Locale.png

Changing your location will not help. Changing your locale is what is needed. It's easy to confuse them - it's what gave me trouble initially.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:09 pm
for the post above me THANK YOU VERY MUCH i clicked on format not on location but thanks for the help, i dotn think i couklve found it without everyones help

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]