View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Removing level cap on NG+? 
Post Removing level cap on NG+?
Hi fellas, I'm wondering if it's better to keep or to remove the level cap in a New Game+. I thought removing it would make the bonus dungeons too difficult. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 am
Post Re: Removing level cap on NG+?
For the sake of efficiency, don't bother removing it, exp gained is based on base level as per the dictionary, removing the primary incentive for higher leveled enemies. Having to fight off level 6x or higher enemies on every map just makes the game take longer to complete.

In terms of difficulty, given that the enemies in the last few dungeons are already level 90, giving them 9 more levels is unlikely to have a huge impact either stats wise or health wise. If they're killing you, dealing 27* more damage total and taking 27* damage less is unlikely to do much. Hp wise, most of them are already near 500.

27 damage is achieved via 9 levels of 1 int/str/con/res each * 3 attacks.

Edit: Should also mention that doing it on hard is just slow and boring xD; I didn't carry over levels and recruited the mascots(er. Y hello thar level 3x enemies when my non mascot team is level 1x). Got very boring in the beginning but now that everyone is approximately the same level, the game is still essentially the same, just slower.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:28 am
Post Re: Removing level cap on NG+?
Thank you for your advice!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]