View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Collect Shadowfire Gems 
Post Collect Shadowfire Gems
Does anyone know how to properly do this map? No matter what i do, its impossible to pass if you can only move 1 space at a time.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 pm
Post Re: Collect Shadowfire Gems
Not an easy way, no... but if you take some time there are a few tricks. The giants wont attack if your standing in lava, so only send 1 person with firewalk, probably Uya, top and walk ontop of the lava then just wait till you can move to the events. For the bottom two..its pretty much a waiting game. Personally, i took Suina along and stood 4 spaces away, where they cant retaliate and i killed the two weaker ones with water volley..leaving the chiefs alone otherwise you'd fail. Then i just took it space by space going inside the safe spots while waiting for the chiefs to pass. Saving every now and then before moving will help out a lot.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:16 pm
I guess ill try that, whats killing me is the chiefs move 3-4 spaces and i can only move 1 space at a time, so they always catch up.

*EDIT* Ah i see now, they move in a patrol pattern and not randomly like normal mobs.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
I'm pretty sure the chiefs in the bottom 2 rooms only move 2 spaces at a time. And they also move in a specific pattern, as you noted. (Although for me, the top chief didn't seem to care much about a patrol area, and move a lot more squares than the other 2)

If you have them, characters with swift/double action are a godsend in there.

Also, you can queue up a bunch of characters in order to "carve" a path to one of the event spots. Time it as soon as the chief passes, so you have the most time. Then they can all use the blue path you carved to leave quickly. (make sure to get the one in the small rooms out first)

As for the top room, if you can, make a few magma bracelets so more people can firewalk. Then use the same strategy as above, but stick to the lava, as socix said. And hope that the chief doesn't go full retard, like with me, and just wiggles between the same 3 squares right next to the top left event spot...

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]