[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Game crashes on start
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Game crashes on start 
Post Game crashes on start
Anybody also have a problem with the game crashing on start?

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 am
Post Re: Game crashes on start
This happens within a few seconds after selecting anything in the main menu. Windows XP Professional

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:54 am
I don't even get that error pop-up. I've tried installing a new video codec (cccp) (already had the k-lite one). Tried changing the default directory (which has Japanese characters in it) to one in all English. Oh, i've used AppLocale too. I've tried a raw install - basic game only, no appends, no English patch of course - and the damn thing still crashes.

I've it was the OP movie giving me the finger but there isn't a separate OP movie in the game dir...

Maybe its the sound files? urk....

Downloading MSGothic font.... can't even get to the option menu before the game kicks out.... <--- already had that font installed

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:37 pm
Solved by swapping the system into Japanese locale. Applocale did nothing.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm
Didn't for me.... trying to uninstall ALL video codecs.. and the reinstalling...

Might be the MS Visual C++ Runtime version....

Damn game works perfectly on my scraggly Pentium 4... kinda hard to gut all background programs on my newer laptop just to replicate the software environment of the P4.... and they're both of the same OS too...

(sighs)

P.S.: could anybody give me specifics of your system's MS Visual C++ versions? kinda icky to uninstall the newer versions coz it might impair my newer games (or worse, my system itself). Thanks!

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:45 pm
I had already uninstalled all video players (CCCP, KLite, VLC [lol]) from my system... it's prolly NOT the video codecs coz my P4 has an even older version of KLite installed.... it could be the audio (who the hell has audio incompatibility these days???) but i suspect it's something else.

I had installed all Appends Discs and English Patch on my P4 and will be playing there for a while (sigh). No problems or hiccups whatsoever!

But i do still want to resolve why the damn game doesn't work on my laptop.

System:
Intel Core2Duo T6600 2.2GHz
NVidia GeForce G102M 512MB
4GB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
WinXP SP3

Short of a reformat, I am out of tricks.....

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 pm
@ JNitemann : Did you just copy the game in your PC to the laptop ???

Better install the game.

I have problem : keep the game in D drive .Reinstall my OS => the game crash.
Fix by delete the game folder and reinstall.

If that's not the case .Please post a image of the problem ,and maybe someone may find a way to fix it.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 pm
@alpha_5:

I did an install via applocale - no good. I did an install on Japanese region settings - no good. The game basically starts and runs for a few seconds then just quits entirely. No hang screen, no error pop-ups, just basically quits to desktop after a few seconds. So no screencaps i can show for it.

I did a redownload of the game from another site but the older download was fine btw coz i'm playin' it on a pentium 4 (in an awkward way).

So it's prolly something in my system that conflicts it. And no i'm not reformatting in the near future lol (Too many online games currently installed). And thanks.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:13 am

Game crashes after the Eushully logo at the start.
Tried all options never got past the that screen.
I am using LAV, doubt that might cause the problem.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 am
@homuhomu

I presume u r also having the same problem i do?

I am actually playing the game on an old Pentium 4 (756mb RAM, 256mb VGA) with no problems, outdated codec and all. On my newer dual core, it's where i am having that problem.

Could anybody give a translation of that drop-down menu? I couldn't read kanji to save my life.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:55 am

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:36 pm
Solve the problem.
It is because of LAV. Opened MPC and went into the LAV Splitter options and disabled all the input format.
Game works now.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:59 pm
@homuhomu

care to post a screencap on that LAV settings? i've disabled all on my CCCP player but it still crashes.

i still suspect:
1) my vga card (NVidia G102M 512mb) or at least, the vga settings on the game
2) ms visual c++ runtime
3) unidentified gremlin (lol)

(sigh)

i cant even look at that graphic settings menu for a few seconds before it boots me out.

and oh it's a sunday and i'm still whining coz i only have my laptop with me...

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:37 am
Disabling from MPC or whatever isn't good enough. You need to disable the LAV splitter for mpeg files from its own settings menu, or uninstall it completely.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:53 am
i actually did an uninstall for ALL codecs once.... no change...

by uninstall u mean, uninstall CCCP? or just the LAV thingy... how do u do that?

hmmm...
from start menu-->programs-->cccp-->lav splitter settings?
-->lav video settings?

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:18 am

To clarify as already mentioned elsewhere, its the LAV splitter which is the culprit, you can still have the LAV filters active...

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:55 am

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 am
this not the same problem to kalamies
i just dont know what happen to my pc, when i click anything in game it crashed.
my install method: main game> app01>app02>patch1.04>app 2.00>eng patch> text fix
anybody meet the same problem?? :cry:
note: the install patch is full english
i've already install cccp and k-lite x32 and x64

my computer spec:
amd phenom x2 555 be
nvidia gtx 580
8gb ram
window 7 x64 ultimate

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:37 am
Ok, I registered becouse I had this problem, and after a lot of tries, looking, and what not, I finally solved it....

it's the japanese Locale... I am not talking about the language of the system, or the current location or how it handles the date and time, no, I am talking about the system locale, wich is what language the system takes when it encounters a non unicode program. That option locale is the second one found in the Region and Language window, in the administrative tab of windows 7 systems. Remember to uninstall everything, from 2.00 to append 2 and 1, then the game, when you reinstall all, remember to use english names for the folders AND when asked for confirmation after the selection of the folder, it will ask something with three options (yes, no, cancel) press no, otherwise it will place a japanese named folder inside the path you provided...

and, that's it, the game is instaled, get the append 1, 2, 2.00 and install the english patch and the text fix, after that, just run the game.... if there is a window asking yes or no at the start of the game, if you click yes it will take you to the configuration window, if you click no, it will take you into the game.

Good luck.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 am
@puck

give us a little credit man... I've been tweaking with the system locale any which way you can think of.... change to English directory name during install, change regional settings in control panel, using applocale during install and playing or any of this combinations... yes, u can see the desperation.

it is NOT the regional settings.... in this case that is.

I've managed to progress from the OP and menu and the prologue storyline but when the combat screen came up, i got booted out of the game... This from the basic raw game only (basic install, no append disks, no game patches, no English patches)

Thank you for your detailed explanation again... but this little sad corner in the forum is for those with aberrantly behaving systems.

PS I will be trawling other sites for the same problems encountered and will post their suggestions in here. Feel free to do the same. Good luck!

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:21 pm
stranger, your issue is almost certainly that you aren't running in Japanese locale -- that's the same error I was consistently getting. AppLocale WILL NOT WORK. You have to actually change your system locale.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:46 am
Got the cause, codecs aside;

The game is, at default, in a text setting that apparently applocal doesn't really jive well with.

What you have to do is change your Regional Settings to Japanese, go into the game and then set both the Text and the Game to to Arial Unicode MS. You might be able to change it to the other ones, but that is the one I did and know works. After that you can switch back to your native Region and just run the game in applocal.

I did not test this method extensively, though. Being that someone brought up combat, I skipped through the prologue until I beat the tutorial dungeon. It all worked just fine, though maybe something goes wrong much later.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:20 am
@Little Fairy
@Calessa
@Puck
You guys really helped me out, grazie sir.
I only have some font in the in game option but dont have arial unicode ms, but the ms ui gothic worked well too. (the arial unicode MS cost $165 o_o )
anyway, fairy's solution is nice bcoz you can change back to your religion language and continue using the apploc.

@JNitemann
whats ur pc spec?

Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:07 am
@stranger

I have 2 units

Working on:
Intel Pentium 4
768mb ram
256mb NVidia FX5500 VGA

Crying on:
Intel Duo T6600
4GB RAM
512GB NVidia G102M VGA

Both OS WinXP SP3

will try the last method later... kinda sorting my po- errr files

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:52 am
mayb try backing up all important files and format the pc ??
this is the only try if still not working for u.
cant figure out whats happen to your pc :(

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next