[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Default font, or some other issue?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Default font, or some other issue? 
Post Default font, or some other issue?
I have an issue that appears, based on some limited trouble-shooting, to be font-related - specifically, I don't think I have the font installed that the game uses by default.

Revised from what I posted on /vg/ to see if anyone else had run into the problem:

I've followed the installation instructions multiple times (uninstalling and reinstalling each time to make sure), and every time I get to the English patch, I get the error 'Unable to open archive'.

Through trial and error, I've discovered that (on my machine(s), at least) the English patch will NOT search through any directory with non-English characters in the directory path, and if I simply rename the folder to something in English, it will APPEAR to patch properly. I don't know if that's part of the problem.

More to the point, the game appears to be patched into English - all of the new English language buttons on the title screen are translated, and the game will launch as expected; however the game will terminate abnormally any time I do any of the following:

Click on the Text, Audio, or Character buttons on the Configuration screen.
Mouse over ANY option in Eushully's Room
Click Load Data
Click Extra Stories
Mouse over ANY selectable option, including "Start Game", on the New Game menu.

Based on which screens are giving me issues, I believe the problem is due to a missing font - every screen that crashes on mouseover has a box that looks like it probably explains what that option will affect if you mouse over it, and futhermore, the Extra Stories doesn't crash right away like the Configuration screens do, instead fading to a screen with a text box before crashing.

What font does the game use by default? I suspect my systems (yes, plural, this exact issue occurs for me on 3 separate PCs, but they all have the same font sets) don't have it for some reason.

Alternatively, if the patcher issue is related, what do I need to do to resolve it?

Note: I don't believe this is a problem with your patch, as unpatched it has the same behavior -- further leading me to believe the font issue is the problem.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm
Post Re: Default font, or some other issue?
Are you in Japanese locale?

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:55 pm
>"I've followed the installation instructions multiple times"

Yes. I frequently work with VNs and doujin games in general. I know what I'm doing. (edit: lolno) I just don't understand this particular problem.

Edit: On second thought, I'm retarded. I set the region, not the locale. I just recently switched to Windows 7 and often confuse the two. *sigh* Restarting again. I'm gonna feel stupid if this fixes it, but at least the game will be working.

Last edited by Calessa on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:47 pm
You could always try re-installing the font - http://www.mediafire.com/?oyezizqofv1xdu4

The patch would probably also work with any other monospaced Japanese font you happen to have installed.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:53 pm
Thanks. If for some reason I still have trouble, I'll give that a shot.

*sulks*

-Edit-

Things you learn in tech support:

If someone tells you to try something you think you've already done, do it anyway - it might solve your problem because you did it wrong. Take that, pride, you've lost again!

Special thanks to Aroduc, for again bringing something awesome to the table.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm
So... how did you fix it? I'm having the exact same problem and I have done all the avobe without success.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 am

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:41 am

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm
Make sure you're actually changing your entire system locale. Applocale doesn't work. Where I was confused is that I had set my region initially, not my locale.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:59 pm

@Kotomine

My problem is somewhat similar, though not as severe ...sort of.

Everything else seems to work, but if I try to move the slider/click arrow in the Config/Fonts window, game crashes. Related?

It does let me change between the fonts whose names are visible though, and the fonts themselves seem to be working.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:18 pm
@Blanchimont:
Related? Lets see...so far i've...
1. Tried to install the game in my locale with NTLEA: failure
2. Tried to install the game (as well as the appends) in my locale with applocale: success
3. Renamed the game main folder in order to apply Aroduc patch: success
4. Tried to run the game with applocale/NTLEA: failure (see Calessa first post for details)
5. Switched to jap locale in order to change the fonts (according to Straider post, changing the fonts should allow me to play in my own locale)
6. Failed to change the fonts: i was able to enter the text config screen but as soon as i clicked on the arrow/slider...the game crashed.

What do u mean "the fonts whose names are visible"? the only font i see is "MS 明朝" and the crash prevents me from changing it...i dont know of any other.
I think it should be possible to edit directly the SYS4REG.INI file...but i'm not sure and since i dunno those fonts i cant even try (meaning: i installed a bunch of jap fonts but i have no way to know if i picked the right ones; even if i did how could i possibly guess the correct entry in the .ini file? lol).

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:12 pm

What I meant was, as long as I don't touch the arrows/slider in the font selection window, I can change the fonts I see by clicking them.

I am able to click the font selection window open without crashing the game though (by clicking the upside down triangle in Config beside the single font name, both for System and Game.).
By your description you're not even able to get past that point? Aside from that the issue is pretty similar, hence why I asked if our problems are related somehow...

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:31 pm

I have Japanese locale. I don't think this game takes it very well being played through AppLocale only...

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 am

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:33 am
was found a solution to the problem of fonts? i have the same problem D=
(sorry for my bad english)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]