[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Modding - Custom Append
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Modding - Custom Append 
Post Modding - Custom Append
Good evening folks,

I'm looking to do a little bit of minor modding.
I am not looking to replace images or audio files; that's simply drag-n-drop into the game folder, and quite foolproof.

What I'd like to do is create my own "append" patch that would add my own characters and items to the existing list, as well as some method to obtain them (nothing in-depth like a quest, but more like automatically obtaining the character(s) and adding items to a mob's drop list).

What I'm wondering here is, does anyone know of a method to pull apart the append files so that I can figure out what I'd need to add to create additional skills/clothes/items/characters?
I have seen the KamiTools, but unfortunately that tool appears to be primarily geared toward helping people replace visuals and audio, and if it is capable of decompiling more then I regret to say I haven't figured that out at this time.
I presume I need to edit a .bin file in some way or fashion, and was really hopeful that there exists a tool of some kind to view, edit, and/or compile these patches.

-Briil

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 am

Post Re: Modding - Custom Append
I'm fairly sure it's impossible. Or at least far beyond a translator's knowledge.
You want to tinker with game mechanics, as opposed to just replacing text.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:55 am
Post Re: Modding - Custom Append
Most unfortunate!

I'm pretty quick to spot patterns in code, but not adept enough to make my own tool to first be able to read the code that can't already be viewed in a text editor haha

Thank you for your response!
If you or anyone else happens to stumble across any interesting tools that might be of use, please do post!

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]