[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Useful Lists/Tips/Whatnot
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Useful Lists/Tips/Whatnot 
Post Re: Useful Lists/Tips/Whatnot

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:23 pm
IIRC, there are Treants in the foggy valley place where you meet Phinilly.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:11 am
Ful's Tear (+2 Drop / +1 Move)
Can be found in a Chest in the NG+ Dungeon Untouchable Cage from the Asmodeus Questline if you combine Search+Teleport in the last room with the Lamia Queen boss and Home Base and then follow that way.
This also requires the Silver Key and Lockpick to open the chest/door.

I got the Faithful Necklace recipe and a few ice element weapon recipes after finishing Phema Sluicegate.

I got Bullseye Ring (100 Hit / 25 Crit) recipe after finishing Mirage Forest.
I also got a bunch of earth element weapon recipes for beating it.

I got Reaper's Bane recipe after finishing Phema Mountains.
I also got a bunch of fire element weapon recipes for beating it.

Stage Clear is enough to get the recipes it seems.

In Mirage Forest / Burning Sands:
You can avoid the 4 SP cost of moving by equipping Teleport. It's 1 SP instead then.
And Yuela in Godslayer Armor and Serwai in the Elf Princess Tunic are also immune to the drain.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:53 am

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:55 pm
There is something I noticed regarding Vorpal Counter/Counterattack.

What Counterattack and Vorpal Counter claim to do is give a chance to retaliate with a standard attack upon an enemy miss.

To quote the wise words of Aroduc, that is a lie.

What I am led to believe is that Counterattack/Vorpal Counter does NOT have a chance to proc on dodge. Rather, IT IS ITS OWN EVASION SKILL. In other words, Counterattack and Vorpal Counter actually give you a chance to dodge an enemy's attack, and then retaliate. Therefore, skills like Evasion/Sword Flash/Flash Step do nothing to help it proc. My evidence for this are two phenomena that have occurred to me:

First, while using Yuela, Counterattack and Vorpal Counter, for me, have never proc'd in the same combat round that Sword Flash has. Under the assumption that Counterattack and Vorpal Counter will never proc in the same combat round due to being similar skills, I can form a supposition that Sword Flash cannot proc in the same combat round as Counterattack and Vorpal Counter because it, too, is a similar skill; Counterattack, Vorpal Counter, and Sword Flash are all evasion-type skills.

Now, for the second, and I believe this be the decisive piece of evidence. When I fought a Treant or Envoy (boss monster in final dungeon of Demonfolk quest line), both of which have Counterattack, every miss I made allowed them to proc Counterattack every single time. Why is the significance of that, you ask?

First, the Treants and Envoys have little to no evasion. Even if they did, most of my characters have Bullseye Rings (+100 hit). Thus, for every encounter with a Treant or Envoy, I have 100% hit rate. The Treants and Envoys have no other skill that allows them to dodge an attack, yet they are still capable of dodging AND procing Counterattack on EVERY single miss I make. This can only lead to the conclusion that the only way my characters are missing is because Counterattack, assuming that it is indeed an evasion skill, is the single-most reason why my characters would ever miss these targets, and would obviously indicate that the function of Counterattack and Vorpal Counter is a chance to proc upon an enemy's attack, and if successful, the result is dodging the enemies attack for that round AND delivering a standard melee attack.

Thus, if all that I have said is true, when using Yuela, you do not need to stack up on Evasion to make full use of Counterattack/Vorpal Counter.

And by that token, you will destroy everything equipping both Counterattack and Vorpal Counter, never being touched yet throwing out 5-6 attacks per encounter. That's what my Yuela is doing right now on these 2.0 dungeons.

If you disagree with any of the aforementioned points or evidence I have brought, please feel free to voice your thoughts.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:15 am
Nope From my testing of skill with cheat program for Sword Flash I, Counter III, and V.Counter III
I got these result

- All of these skill will not occur together
- These skill can occur together with Evade(Skill)
- These skill did not influence your Evd(stat) but having it chance to occur and when activated you will surely dodge the attack (so the activated with Evade just for made you miss-concept its point). The most significant test was with Yuela -7 Evd Vs lv 90 hit 150 up and still can dodge if and only if Sword Flash, V.Counter or Counter activated
- These skill have nothing to do with whether your Evade the enemy attack or not (if it activate it activate not that when your evade made it activate) I test this with Yuela Evd 999 Vs random monster

- I always cheat when I'm not sure what skill does and Counter/V.Counter is one of my interest for sometime now and so this is what result of my testing
- If you have any result that contradict what I claim you can counter me because of these skill are all chance activate and even many many time of test and situation I test, it can occur the time when it miss some point that the chance occur to you but please be sure before counter not that I barely remember or I think.
- So with all these said this is only what I claim for my test and not for the mechanical of the game itself
- hope this help to clear some concept your curios

- After looking again at skill it claim "Chance to counterattack after dodging"
- You can translate it into 2 understanding phrase
- Counterattack when(after) dodging occur
- Or counterattack and dodging (counterattack after dodging can translate into dodging before counterattack in English)
- So I don't think anyone lied about this it's just the phrase that can be translate in 2 ways

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 am

Last edited by superyong on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 am
Edel Swordbow mutates into Ryugna Swordbow

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 am
Anyone know where to get Athena gem ? Already checked the wiki, no info.

I have no choice but adding it using spoileral engine.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 am

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:09 am

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:17 am

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:41 am

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:57 am

Late-game/+NG Santoeril Tip

You'll need;

One or several long-range/long-move/Double Action characters, packing enough punch.

The recipe for Crab Claw (weapon)
-Mesai Beak + Corshino Steel.

High enough Tools in Workshop to reduce the cost of ingredients to 1+1.

Access to Central Lake|Lake Shisetika
-Specifically to the enemy Mesaichuei and it's drop Mesai Beak.
-If you have Mylen, especially if you have her Double Action skill, Equip Ful's Mil/Tear and let her loose bombing the Mesais with her Barrage until they run dry at 4th turn. Withdraw and rinse and repeat.

Access to Hidden Volcano Path|Rosean Mountains
-Specifically to the enemy Rocktoise and its drop Corshino Steel.
-Alternatively you can grind Rocktoises in Yuidora Mine, but here there are two placed nicely close to a Deployment Gate...
-Or you could excavate Corshino Steel in Yuidora Mine, but if you have Ful's Mil/Tear, it's a lot less time-consuming to just farm Rocktoises...

So how effective is this?
Well, the base prize of Crab Claw is 12000. And late-game you should have around 300% markup when selling. I had 388% markup, and with 82 storage I got 3,8 million for selling one single set...

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:22 pm
Very surprised I didn't think of this before now, but I just found that Stones are probably the most profitable item end-game+, assuming you have meteorites.
I found it takes about 12 seconds (I timed myself, obviously) to skip 30 days, go into the workshop, leave, and get ready to skip 30 more days.
The Diana and Phoebus stones (fastest harvested stones) take 8 days for each one to "harvest", thus over 240 days (that is, 8x30 days), you would get 30 of each, or 60 of one if you have 2 meteorites of either. that would mean in 8x12 seconds, or 96 seconds, you can get 60 stones.
At a base price of 640 S, selling 60 nets you 38400 S. at 400% prices, each stone sells for 2560 S, so 60 of those is 153,600 S
Subtract out the daily expenses of 440 (Magnus + Max Workshop Upkeep + 30 party members) for each day; so 240 x 440 = 105,600. Getting the total of 48000 S.
So in 96 seconds, you can net 48k S, divide by 3/2 and that's about 32k S a minute, with an insanely small amount of work.

edit: Bleh, forgot to calculate in daily expenses, that makes this about 1/3 as profitable :(. Changed a bit because of this. In the end, not quite as time-efficient as a lot of other methods, a good way to get very easy money if you're lazy though.

Fri May 04, 2012 9:13 pm

@Slurpees Yes, that works, but there's a better one, assuming you've completed quest 142, 'Trapping'...

'Humane Trap' (furniture, Yard) yields ~3,7 Stuffed Bears/30 days, each with base price 960 (curiously selling it at church nets only 240/bear...).
With 388% markup you get 3724/bear

Best yet it only takes one square, so you can have 11 of them, producing ~40 bears/month, aka ~149 000 of worth

To put it in perspective;
30 day Workshop maintenance cost is 12840 (highest level)
3.7 bears/humane Trap produce ~13700/month (388% markup)
^meaning one furniture, single-square, is enough to sustain the entire Workshop...

Fri May 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Sat May 05, 2012 1:44 am

Sat May 05, 2012 3:03 pm

About losing items, while starting 3th playthrough and got to unlocking Eushelly events;

My Eushelly had Infinite Spira equipped, got the quest to make Pinkwing Vacuum. Made it and returned to Eushelly House and completed the quest.
Afterwards I didn't have the Pinkwing Vacuum in inventory, and W. Eushelly still had Infinite Spira equipped.
If I remember correctly she might have had P.V. equipped afterwards the first time around?

Just to be safe, it might be worth to have Eushelly girls weapons unequipped when finishing their quests, those feathers are hard to come by...

----edit;

Eushelly events

Seems there are some hidden parameters when triggering those.

Initial weapons; triggered automatically

Specific items (Warm Straw etc): Amount of time used per character. I base this on;
-My B.Eushelly had M in weapon level, at 71 kills no trigger, at 81 kills Eggplant Ramen quest triggered. No other activity therebetween. However;
-Anastasia 3 kills, Warm Straw quest triggered/completed
-W. Eushelly 16 kills, Ultimate Cleaner quest triggered/completed

Difference in usage Anastasia & W.Eushelly vs B.Eushelly;
-The former I used when clearing Advent Bay and Mirage Forest in Prologue. Amount of time used should be at least comparable to the ~14 rounds in Deadbeat floor 1 and a few rounds in Yuidora Woods during which I used B.Eushelly.

If this is any indication of something more general, that character time is a hidden parameter used not only in this special case, it might explain why some people on +NG have trouble triggering/completing some quests...

Above also seems to indicate that time spent in clone mode seems to count as well, if that's any consolation...

Last edited by Blanchimont on Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 am
I purged a whole lot of off-topic chatter. Let's keep the stickies lean and on topic, eh?

Thu May 17, 2012 1:10 pm
Bloodsuck and Flurry cannot trigger in the same turn, so Bloodsuck 3 (which always triggers) will complelety override Flurry.
If you use Lily, pick one or the other. I only use Bloodsuck early on, when her survival is dependent on it; but later it gets obsolete since most non-Prevail enemies do 1 damage to her.
Sharty doesn't have this problem because she doesn't have access to Flurry, and being a stat-capped character with very poor base defenses, she needs Bloodsuck to survive.

Mon May 21, 2012 6:13 pm
Accd to the first post, you can only get Eushully and her girls at chap1 right?(just for confirmation)
So here comes my next question. How do I find this Eu cards if I need to find them while only in chapter 1? Pls help. I've tried some dungeons but nothing gives a Eu card. I don't even know how to recognize a Eu card.

Pls help

Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 am

Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next