[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Useful Lists/Tips/Whatnot
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Useful Lists/Tips/Whatnot 

Post Re: Useful Lists/Tips/Whatnot
The NG+ dungeons have special characteristics and rewards as below.

Advent Bay (Pagan Seal) - Charm attacks. (Avoid with Faithful Necklace)
Mirage Forest (Burning Sands) - Non-earth aligned units drained each turn. (Avoid with Mountain Necklace - Gnome Necklace mutation)
Phema Mountains (Thunder Peak) - Random lightning strikes. Charm attacks. (Avoid with Faithful Necklace, Reaper Bane recipe reward)
Phema Sluicegate (Parallel Rivers) - Requires Teleport. (Faithful Necklace reward)
Valkyrie Falls (Land of Regrets) - Assasinate (death) attacks. (Avoid with Reaper Bane).

Personally I think Phema Sluicegate is the best to start with because once it's done you can move to Advent Bay and Phema Mountains.
Don't try Valkyrie Falls until after Phema Mountains is complete.

Mirage Forest is ok as long as you can get your characters' Earth Resistance to S+.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:47 am
I go:

Phema Sluicegate (9 range attacks preferred, Kohakuren required)
Mirage Forest (Earth resistance preferred, can be forced with enough Stimulants/Ether/Potions)
Phema Mountains (requires Flight, Grounding and Faithful Necklace or loads of Goddess Tears to deal with charm)
Valkyrie Falls (requires Reaper Bane or loads of Blood of Revival to deal with instant death)
Advent Bay (requires high stats and power skills, sucks if you haven't power leveled)

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm
NG, early game:
Before Treasure Puttetos, you can also hunt rocktoise in the mines or rosean mountain.
The free battle in rosean mountain has two of them.

Its rare drop is a gold bar, which sells for 10,000 in the church.
Its ranged attack is earth so gnome necklace helps to tank early game damage.
When it's about to die (preferably 1-2 hp), save, end turn and on next turn, kill it.
If it doesn't drop gold bar by any character, load and try again.

It gets easier once you have Ful's Mill for 2 drops.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:30 am
For those having trouble farming the accessories in Phema Mountain, you can get rid of the enemies using ranged attacks (mostly anyway, Sirens still have a normal attack) by having X resist to Wind.

Wil + the main heroines can easily achieve this via Gems.
A Typhoon Necklace on most of the NG+ characters or the Angels also works.

This still leaves a slot open for Ful's Tears/Mil for farming AND makes the map a lot faster to clear without needing to wait for the enemies to spam their stupidly long range status attack :3 Sorry if this has been mentioned before, it just clicked in my head after a few hours of frustration @@;

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Wasn't planing to but here's a (final?, I think) update to my guide.
(more than 350 downloads of previous version)
Mostly minor errors I think, don't really remember what all of the changes were because it's been a while.

The file is in Microsoft Office Excel (.xls) format with multiple tabs for the information.
(Treasures in maps, Character accompany/join/Ult weapon/artifacts, EU Cards, Recipe requirements, etc.)

KamiInfo 20121119 - Filefactory <--- Now updated below
or
KamiInfo 20121119 - Mediafire <--- Now updated below

Note: there are download limits by the hosts due to using free accounts. (xxx downloads/hour)

Comments can also be sent to kamixls@hotmail.com (temporary email)

Last edited by Ross on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 am
Thanks a lot for all this useful tips. They were very helpful.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:03 pm
A little result of observation concerning Forcefield

It seems that Forcefield doesn't actually prevent enemies from using ranged attacks on equipped characters, rather, it simply prevents enemies from targeting them at all, if there is a possibility of attacking using ranged attacks, even if said enemy might actually have the option of attacking in melee
By enemy I'm referring to character(s) opposing said Forcefield user

It came from the following observations :
Mylen, with : BNH Knife + Explosive Assault
vs Ophanim (Advent Bay angel with Forcefield)
Targeting impossible at range <6, with clear movement path towards said Ophanim
At range 6 or more (only Explosive Assault can possibly be used), with clear path, targeting became possible

And

Ms. Eukleia, with : Wooden Sword (Peerless Swordsman , includes Forcefield in the package)
vs Erdgeist, using Whirlwind Slash (Range 2)
Erdgeist countered using Rock Throw
Contrast to
Yuela, with : Eastern Hairpin (also Peerless Swordsman)
Never gets attacked at range (also can't attack from range, so no ranged counters possible)
Thus, assuming that both artifacts does give the same skill, would mean that Forcefield only prevented ranged offensive

Could still use more testing though, if anyone is still active here

Edited for readability

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Weird Forcefield Shit may or may not be related to enemy's weapon (whether it is melee or ranged). You can test it with opposite - having a melee weapon and a ranged skill - and tell us if the skill will be usable.
I think I remember someone reporting how they couldn't target the mine-clown-thingy (forgot the name) with Anastasia (ranged weapon, melee skill), but when the clown attacked her, she could retaliate.

Edit: Yes, Eastern Hairpin and Wooden Sword give the same skill.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 pm
Tested again in Advent Bay, as such :

Mylen, with skills : Prevail III, Ferocity III, Explosive Barrage (Range 9), Explosive Assault (Melee)
Alternating weapons between Toy Knife (Melee) and BNH Knife (Range 3 with Range 5 skill)
Started the map, which was completed (100% control and all that)
Summoned Lily (Level 99, Demon Lord Gloves) to take and hold the corridor south to the eastern deploy gate from Ascended One
Summoned Mylen, to the tile directly south of East Deploy Gate, Range 7 from Ophanim in middle hall (It starts at the center-south end of the hall, thus bordering with blue control zone)
Equipped Toy Knife, aiming possible, with ranged attack skill blackened out (Explosive Barrage only in this case)
Equipped BNH Knife, even aiming is impossible, remember Mylen still have Explosive Assault
Moved Mylen to Range 10 (3 tiles south, to the corridor previously occupied by Ascended One)
Aiming becomes possible
Starting over from Range 7, BNH Knife
Unequipped Explosive Barrage (thus maximum Range for Ranged Attack becomes 5, by Sniping Knife)
Aiming is possible

And then, in Mirage Forest, also a completed map (just to be sure), as such :

Ms. Eukleia, with skills : Flurry III, Concentrate, Flower Storm (Melee), Whirlwind Slash (Range 2)
Summoned her in the South Deploy Gate, tile directly north of the gate
An Erdgeist is directly west of Ms. Eukleia
Game Saved
Whirlwind Slash from Range 1, countered with Rock Throw
Save Reloaded
Ms. Eukleia moves to Range 2, Whirlwind Slash
Countered as well (Rock Throw is Range 2 btw)
Save Reloaded
Turn End
Erdgeist attacks in melee (usually computer prioritizes ranged attack, unless there is severe elemental incompatibility)

So yes, being in range of a ranged attack (weapon or skill) while also equipping ranged weapon will prevent attacking a Forcefield user, but not if equipping melee weapon, it will only disable choosing the ranged skills

I'm guessing that the game checks for the first possible attack in the range you are attacking from, and if it finds that attack impossible because of Forcefield, it renders aiming impossible
Doesn't explain how the Erdgeist could get a counter in though, because Forcefield also disabled ranged skills during Mylen vs Ophanim

Edit :

In my first endgame of Emelita Route, against Leguna, I found out an awful truth
Leguna had Witch Fist (melee) equipped, with ranged attack (Prism Blast, Range 3), as well as Forcefield
I placed Asmodeus just outside the entrance to Leguna's Base Room, with Machspeed Hammer, Amorous Touch, as well as other complementary skills and her artifact
Asmodeus destroyed both golems (she got there 'ported by Kohakuren)
Wil is standing between Leguna and Asmodeus, leaving no way for Leguna to attack melee
Turn End
Leguna attacks Asmodeus with Prism Blast
Asmodeus can't counter with Amorous Touch

It's awful fact, in that the situation is almost completely reversed from the Eukleia vs Erdgeist condition, but unlike the Erdgeist, Asmodeus can't score a counter
I am concluding that this is a case of the computer cheating on you

Thus, the relevant conclusion :
Forcefield stops ANY of your ranged attack cold, before they even start
Attacking from range, with unit that has Forcefield, might render it open to ranged counter

Second point is might, because AFAIK it is actually only relevant to Ms. Eukleia, thus it is impossible to determine if it is exclusive to her or not

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm

This is the final update to my guide, that I will be doing anyway.
Substantial number of spelling and data fixes provided by worldendDominator.
Added Harvest items/Excavation items/Monsters to Locations worksheet.
Also now includes "Map Info" and "Item Info" worksheets which lets you select a monster/item and tells you the maps they're on.

The file is in Microsoft Office Excel (.xls) format with multiple tabs for the information.
(Treasures in maps, Character accompany/join/Ult weapon/artifacts, EU Cards, Recipe requirements, etc.)

or

Note: there are download limits by the hosts due to using free accounts. (xxx downloads/hour)

Comments can also be sent to kamixls@hotmail.com (temporary email)

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:50 pm
EDIT:

It seems you can also get Elven Ornament from Bahamut...

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:20 am
Ful's Mills+Tears give 4 drops, don't they?

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:01 am

Yuela has only 1 accessory slot, so she can't equip both. She can get 3 drops at most, ergo, the killed more than 1 monster.

Also, judging by the minimap, she is not standing on the same point where Bahamut spawns, meaning she didn't melee it.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:33 am
Ok, you're right, it's been a while for me. :oops:

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:52 am
Hello, and thanks for all the tips (and of course, for the translation).

I have a question about the cards we can get in the different dungeons. Some of them have direct effect such as applying poison, teleport, healing,....

Other have a description, but I don't know exactly what it does (I remember few talking about a treasure, others saying the god gave me a little boost, things like this).

Anyone have a list of all these effects ? (I couldn't find any)

Tanks in advance

Thu May 30, 2013 3:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4