[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Seiha Translations - View topic - Game freezing
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Game freezing 

Post Game freezing
So I played through the game a few times before, then stopped playing for a couple of months. Recently I started the game up again, only to get a freeze at the Eushully logo before the opening. after one or two minutes, the game would then go to the op and title as normal, where I could load saves and do stuff as usual. Dialog boxes and transitions between scenes worked fine without lags, as well as entering a dungeon and moving the characters around. However, when I entered battle, the game would freeze (with the music still running) and I would not be able to do anything but kill the process with task manager. When restarting, a dialog box with something in Japanese appeared, most likely due to the "incorrect" shutdown of the game. Pressing yes leads to some configuration screen, which I've tried to mess around with, to no good.

Sounds similar to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=511&hilit=+freeze but I'm pretty bad with computers, so I don't know how to uninstall codecs, or even where they are found (other than the ones in "Add/remove programs", where I've deleted all that shows up).

Anyone who knows what the problem might be? I didn't try too many things yet, cba to reinstall etc. before checking here s:

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Post Re: Game freezing
Yes, it should be a codec problem. Try activating a feather, if it freezes again then it's definitely codecs.
Go there http://www.cccp-project.net, download the codec pack, install (shouldn't be hard, ask if you need to).

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks for the fast answer!
So I tried activating a feather and the game froze, so I downloaded the codec pack, ran the setup and now everything is working fine. Thanks a whole bunch, I really appreciate the help <:

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what the cause of the codec problem could be? Since it worked a few months ago, and the only major change to my computer that I can think of was installing a new sound card, I'm guessing that might have played a part.

Again, thanks a lot for the fast answer and solution.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:58 pm
If you have the MPEG-PS format enabled in LAV Splitter it'll freeze after the Logo.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]